Propane smell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donandmax

Had new Suburban furnace installed. Runs great except for one thing. When the thermostat shuts the furnace off there is a strong smell of propane that lingers in the coach for sometime. In about 30 min. it dissapears until it shuts off again. No smell when it stars up, just when it shuts off.
Anybody got any ideas.
Thanks
Don M

You should not be getting propane in the RV from the furnace under any conditions.  I would not use the furnace until you can find and repair the leak.  Have the furnace checked by a professional.

You most likely have bad or missing seals between the furnace outer door and the furnace itself. This allows combustion by-products to come back into the coach. VERY DANGEROUS - do not operate the furnace and have it checked and repaired by a an LPG professional.

The fan should run for a time before the propane starts AND should run for a time after the propane shuts off. That's a function of the fiurnace control board. But even then there should not be a smell in the coach unless you have a window open near the furnace and the exhaust fan on in the coach.

Hmmm, come to think of it I opened the door which is right next to the furnace and then shut it down. But yesterday I started it up with the door shut and when it went off I noticed no smell.
Thanks guys,(don't think I have a problem)
Don M

Back
Top Bottom