Pros and Cons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PopPop51 said:
With today's wireless headphones and earphones, unintentionally sharing your superior musical preferences with your neighbors is completely preventable, no matter how close their campsite.
I have discussed my music with all my neighbors and no one can hear it so I don't need headphones.

PopPop51 said:
With today's wireless headphones and earphones, unintentionally sharing your superior musical preferences with your neighbors is completely preventable, no matter how close their campsite.

I have two pair of these and love them as they are wonderful cushions against my sound sensitivity.  Also great when walking the dog as there is no cord to get tangled up with the dog's leash.  :)

Chameleonxanth said:
I have two pair of these and love them as they are wonderful cushions against my sound sensitivity.  Also great when walking the dog as there is no cord to get tangled up with the dog's leash.  :)

Unless you spin vinyl.  Some day when I purchase our Class A diesel I will find a way to make room for a vintage stereo with a crate or two of records!

pmdclassics said:
Unless you spin vinyl.  Some day when I purchase our Class A diesel I will find a way to make room for a vintage stereo with a crate or two of records!
I long ago copied my most important vinyl (plus some open reel and some cassette tapes) onto CDs, and some of it is also on thumb drives for electronic media. That way I preserve the vinyl itself for occasional listening at home, yet can listen to stuff anywhere. Even a class A can't protect vinyl from extreme temps and other things that shorten their life as well as I can keep them at home.

pmdclassics said:
Considering how much a few crates of vinyl would weigh I would suggest listening to mp3s.

SeilerBird said:
Considering how much a few crates of vinyl would weigh I would suggest listening to mp3s.

Unfortunately, that's what I have done/do. There's just something about the sound of clean vinyl through a GOOD vintage stereo. Mp3's just isn't the same. I just got rid of the last of my nice speakers. JBL L40's to one of my grandsons for his bedroom. I've got one somewhat good receiver left. A 1967 Sansui that will only play out of one channel.

I have a collection of 3000 of my most favorite songs in mp3s on a flash drive. 10 gigs. They are on my car stereo, my TV, my 7.1 receiver, my phones, my laptops and my Chromebooks. I can listen to them anywhere and they take up no physical space or weight. And I love the convenience. I can listen to any track or any album with a few clicks. Personally I hate the way vinyl sounds. You could not pay me to listen to surface noise, pops, clicks, wow and flutter. Drives me nuts. I am 70 years old. I hear nothing over 10k so I don't need the highest of fidelity, it would be a waste.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom