Pros and Cons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rumduggy

Hello!! My husband and I are in the process of possibly buying a toy hauler! Looking at a Raptor 352…. Does anyone have any important info on what to ask the dealer?? We are total newbies! Hesitant to pull the trigger, but hesitant not to…

First off you need to get a pickup truck capable of towing the fiver. You will need to post the info for both the pickup truck and the fiver.

First off you need to get a pickup truck capable of towing the fiver. You will need to post the info for both the pickup truck and the fiver.
Do not rely on a salesman to tell you what to have for a truck. His goal is to sell you a RV no matter if it will be unsafe to tow it with a truck you may have already. As Tom said, come here first.

If your husband understand towing numbers, no worries, but it sure is a big 5r to be guessing about. Worse case, he gets a bigger F350 or F450 if his doesn't work, it's just money. Questions for the Dealer, where's the pen is about the extent of their knowledge typically. We have a joke around here, RV salespeople are leftovers from the used car sales market ;). Glad you have begun your homework, there are many questions to have answered before I'd pick that pen up.

At nearly 18,000 Gross I sure hope your hubby has a dually.
Tow haulers can place way more than the accepted 20% of its total weight on,the hitch. As a first timer there is no way I would suggest a 40 foot trailer. And buying new is,plane crazy.

Donn is correct Raptors have a really heavy nose weight i have a Voltage (both are made by Keystone just different trim level/styles, my second Voltage ) you will more than max out your average f350 srw unless its an xl trim level, great toy hauler just make sure your truck can handle it . You are in solid F350 DUALLY teritory and forget a F450 its payload is 500lbs less than 350 because of the rear end and front axle

Unless your husband is an over the road truck driver I suggest you hold off pulling the trigger on a huge trailer like that. Do lots of research. A toy hauler will be waiting when you're ready to buy.

Back
Top Bottom