Pulling doubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love my toyhauler its almost 47ft which is long i admit but the garage is so multifuctional. I would rather pull it than double tow. Just the backing up of a double tow is a nightmare. I was talking to a guy the other day with a big motorhome and trailer with 2 can am spyders and a smart car in it. Said he missed his toyhauler

How many times have we heard of a RV being pulled over for double tow or over length?
We seem to be allowed the fudge factor.

Richard
Every summer the impound lot my former truck shop operates for law enforcement would have several boat or utility trailers and the occasional car in the yard from people towing RV doubles that NY law does not allow.

Over-length is pretty rare - you would have to be really flagrant. But towing doubles in a state that doesn't allow it at all seems sure to attract unwanted attention.

I'm planning to pull my utility trailer with my two quads on it behind my TT.
Legal in my state as long as the overall length of the rig is less than 70'.
It has a receiver hitch welded to the bumper
and frame, and added reinforcement bracing.
The only thing I'm worried about is overloading the rear
end of my TT and having it start whipping back and forth.
I'll practice on backroads.

I'm planning to pull my utility trailer with my two quads on it behind my TT.
Legal in my state as long as the overall length of the rig is less than 70'.
It has a receiver hitch welded to the bumper
and frame, and added reinforcement bracing.
The only thing I'm worried about is overloading the rear
end of my TT and having it start whipping back and forth.
I'll practice on backroads.
What state are you in? Most of the states that allow double towing say the first trailer must be a 5th wheel, not a bumper pull trailer.

Indiana law dictates the first trailer must be a 5th wheel the second must be a boat trailer for non-commercial vehicles. During harvest season farmers are allowed to pull 2 farm wagons at reduced speed.

Ontario allows you to pull a trailer behind a bumper pull, first time a saw i blown away - old guy with a 20? TT and a fishing boat behind, so long as its not commercial its allowed, i still havent figured out why?

Back
Top Bottom