Pump cover screw locations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

james000222

I have a 2013 Keystone Summerland 28' trailer. I just got back from a trip this last weekend, and my water pump died. I've located a new one and ordered it, but am trying to determine exactly where the pump is. Based on a variety of reports - mainly from forums and other posts - it appears that it is located near the water tank and water inlet, on the driver's side, by the bed. There is a "step" there, that is not present on the other side.

I can tell by wiggling and prying that this is indeed a cover of some sort, but it's covered in carpet! I can't find any screws! The screws or attachments don't seem to be magnetic - I ran a magnet all around. I can't find any screw heads in the locations one would logically look (corners, middle edge, etc).

Any suggestions as to how to get this cover off without breaking something or tearing something up?

There has to be access, it could be under a cabinet that face comes off. Some Keystones have a step with a top that comes off with several screws. If you have a pass through look in it, you may need to pull a wall. If it will make a noise listen for it, you didn't say if it runs and just doesn't pump.

I looked in the pass thru - I'd have to pull the entire wall.
I looked under the bed - I'd have to pull that back panel off.
It doesn't work, and doesn't make any sound. It used to vibrate - which is a common report on the forums. But I never bothered to find it.
I know this step will come off because it's built to be removed - I just cant find any screws.

I guess I'll try and peel off the carpet.

I looked in the pass thru - I'd have to pull the entire wall.
I looked under the bed - I'd have to pull that back panel off.
It doesn't work, and doesn't make any sound. It used to vibrate - which is a common report on the forums. But I never bothered to find it.
I know this step will come off because it's built to be removed - I just cant find any screws.

I guess I'll try and peel off the carpet.
Call the factory and ask. If it used to make noise where did you hear it? I'd have to pull the wall, did you? That's is exactly where mine is, behind the wall, likely where you would find the heater and inverter. They a fairly easy to get out, biggest issue is unloading the entire bay.

This makes me feel GOOD! My pump is under the oven. Open the door below the oven and there it is! Sitting on a piece of carpet used to insulate the sound, and screwed to the floor, it is extremely quiet (which I don't like as I want to know the pump is working, which tells me if I have leaks, etc)

Charles

The step is probably screwed on and the heads are just driven into the carpet. If you drag a screwdriver around the edge a few times you may find them by the sound. Or you can just separate the carpet and look for the screw heads. Very common way of hiding fasteners on boats and RV's.

How about getting a directional compass and run it up and down the surface. If there is a screw, providing its not brass, the pointer will point to it hopefully.

My last TT was a Keystone and the pump was located exactly where you think it is. I can't remember how the cover is fastened, but I think there were screws accessed through the under bed storage. I do remember you had to lift the bed to remove the cover, I just can't remember if there were screws or not. Hope this helps.

Our is the same as you describe. A Cougar made by Keystone - lift the bed storage cover to give a little more room. I bet the cover to the "step" is not fastened down - ours is not. The carpet will act as a hinge on the "stern" edge. So the top will flip over into the floor space between the wall and the bed stiorage. You may be able to help start this by pushing down on the slight overhang on the stern edge so that the "bow" edge starts to lift. There may be some friction resistance as the sides of the top scrap along the edge of the wall and the side of the bed storage area. Once I get it started enough to get my fingers under the 'bow" edge, I twist the top a little to reduce the drag on the sides. If this does not make sense, I can take some pictures and post.

Back
Top Bottom