put up on blocks??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jules5

Hello---looking for some info---we have our RV parked for winter storage.  Does it have to be put up on blocks?  Is it just a good idea?  It's parked on a level site that is hard dirt.  Do we need to protect the tires by having them off the ground?  I was under the impression they should be off of hot asphalt but not sure about cool weather.  Any info will be appreciated!!  Thank you  Jules

Only if you are planning put it in storage for five or six years.  RV tires are built to stand on the ground.

Just want to be sure we're on the same page---I'm speaking about simply driving the RV up onto some boards and not jacking it up with the tires off the ground ???

Oh.  Even with that revision, I see no need to move the tires off the ground in storage, even in Nebraska. 

I never have in nearly 50 yrs on Rving and Camping.  No sense in starting now.

Some folks say to get the tires off the ground, Park it on a slab of plywood, or on shingles or on _______ (they come up with all sorts of suggestions)  Myself I'd rather park it on a nice S.W. hunk of dessert where the snow don't blow :) and since it's predicted to freeze tonight... Guess where I'm headed (Toward said dessert)

I'm with you John  Mine is parked about 20 miles west of Phoenix on the dirty ,  well sand and rocks.

Well, Right now mine is parked at a Flying-J, then tomorrow it's on to NE then UT then NV and then come January CA and AZ

I'm about 3/4 tank of gas per the guage from home

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom