QUALITY long handled wash brush?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

Not at all happy with the long handled brush we bought to clean the RV. Very flimsy, narrow/shallow brush head, cheap handle etc. There must be a quality "professional"(?) model brush out there? Preferably with a longer handle the models I'm finding online.

I bought camco extendable brush and also there microfiber extendable. Both are good quality. Amazon has them.

Camco 43633 Wash Brush with... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D8TGJE?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Rene T said:
Find the brush you want then go to Hope Depot and by a painters expandable handle

Better yet I just go through Blue Beacon now for $45 bucks. Worth the money for me. Then if I want to wax it I take it home and wax.

Rene T said:
Find the brush you want then go to Hope Depot and by a painters expandable handle

That's a good idea-- that I should have thought of given I already have such a handle!  :-[
I found the six foot handles were not long enough to suit me.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I found a brush with adjustable handle and a very soft brush that works very well. Also got the hose nozzle that you put soap in. You pour the soap of you choice in the screw on bottle. It has several nozzle adjustments from hard to fan leave soap turned off and wash the dirt off and then turn the soap on (I use the fan selection) and put soap on a section and then wash with the long handle brush and then turn the soap off and rinse repeat all over the coach and wala your done.

While at the FMCA rally in Gillette, WY last month I bought a "Mr Long Arm" retractable pole and microfiber towels from AlmostHeavenProducts.com
They also sell an angled device that fits on the end of the pole and easily allows the microfiber towels to attach to it. It is considerably wider than a traditional brush so more area gets washed with each stroke.
This combination with the angled adapter/mop allows me to wash and wax my coach without a ladder.
Without a ladder was the big selling point for me. I have washed the coach twice since purchasing these items and it was considerably faster and easier than the traditional way using a ladder. We are on the road so the 2 times I've washed have been at campgrounds.

When we get home I will use my soap cannon to apply the soap and the items above to wash and wax.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
I've always used the Camco one linked earlier in this topic. I don't connect it to a hose - just dip it in a bucket of car wash suds.  The brush seems fine to me. You can get better handles, if you like.

I don't know if this so-called "professional" model is any better...https://www.amazon.com/Extendable-Wash-Brush-Professional-Head/dp/B01C672PCA

I have the so called "professional model". Don't waste your money.
I've tried two of these hose attached telescoping brushes. Both models leaked at the hose attachment despite changing the washers.
Thus, they gave me unwanted showers due to the leaking, but also simply due to the upright angle in which these work.

I've learned the hard way, and agree with Rene and Gary.
My advice - Skip the "water-through-the-brush" arrangement, buy the brush of your liking, and get a long extension pole.

Now I dip in the bucket and use a large micro-fiber mop frame. I enjoy being dry during this cleaning project...

While at the FMCA rally in Gillette, WY last month I bought a "Mr Long Arm" retractable pole and microfiber towels from AlmostHeavenProducts.com

I've got some of the Almost Heaven stuff -- it's expensive, but works well. But I use a pole from Lowe's, not one of the Almost Heaven jobs that are twice the cost (or more).

Get yourself a rolling scaffold and you can use a regular shorter handle brush and take your time doing the job.

Attachments

• r20170430_194751.jpg
    r20170430_194751.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 49
HueyPilotVN said:
Get yourself a rolling scaffold and you can use a regular shorter handle brush and take your time doing the job.

Sure Bill!
Beautiful indoor storage...great lighting... and a textured epoxy floor...(no doubt with drain)
Unfortunately, the rest of us peasants are dealing with intense outdoor sunlight and time constraints! ;D ;D ;D

From my boating days have used this combination for 20 years.  Now using on my RV.  Brush is largest I have found, holds water/soap well and is very soft.

Best handle: is Swobbit 5' - 9' Perfect Pole - https://www.amazon.com/Swobbit-5-9-Perfect-Pole/dp/B005D5T8JG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1534532762&sr=8-5&keywords=swobbit

Best Brush: Star brite Big Boat Brush/Bi-Level, Soft (Yellow) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HAB3EK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You will also need this to adapt the brush to the handle.  Swobbit Acme Threaded To Uni-Snap Adapter - SW66610 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000276DPM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You will need to remove the screw adaptor and put a screw in the brush through the adaptor.

Expensive but I have used these for years.

BinaryBob said:
Sure Bill!
Beautiful indoor storage...great lighting... and a textured epoxy floor...(no doubt with drain)
Unfortunately, the rest of us peasants are dealing with intense outdoor sunlight and time constraints! ;D ;D ;D

Sheesh... I was just getting ready to design the drain on the new textured epoxy floor when I struck me that this construction would be MUCH more expensive than any brush!!  ;D

I purchased the Camco  and am very pleased with it.  Would like the handle to be a foot longer tho.  Was in a NAPA store this morning and they have one that seems of very good quality and longer.  Couldn't find the price.  Since I wasn't in the market, didn't ask.  After reading this, wish I had for you.  Check it out.

I have also used Camco and I found that quality brush with telescoping handle providing a safe way to reach the top of the trailer safely from the ground. I felt this was a reasonable price for the quality of this item.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
I've always used the Camco one linked earlier in this topic. I don't connect it to a hose - just dip it in a bucket of car wash suds.  The brush seems fine to me. You can get better handles, if you like.

I don't know if this so-called "professional" model is any better...https://www.amazon.com/Extendable-Wash-Brush-Professional-Head/dp/B01C672PCA
I didn't buy that brand but I did search several places before finding one I liked (long enough extendable handle, soft, etc) and it's similar to the one Gary has. I also don't hook it to the hose, just dip it in a bucket of suds.
Most I looked at weren't very wide. I wish I could remember where I got it, it's been a few years but I think it was in the $20 range.

I have used aluminum adjustable painters handle for 30 years. It has the right thread for brush head, does not bend, has positive hole stops (no twist slip locks for me) from 4.5 ft. to 8 ft. Then take flimsy old pole from brush, put a aluminum  or stainless .25 hook in the end of it and use it for widow awnings. Works to pull not so good to push!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom