Quartzsite Rally 2022 - Reply Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackiemac

Site Team
This topic is provided to provide a chat area to make comments or ask questions if you are interested for the 2022 RV Forum Quartzsite Rally.When you have finalized travel plans and decided you will be camping with us at the Forum location if you will provide your names, Forum name, Home State, and arr/dep dates we will add you to to the 2022 RV Forum QZ Rally information.

Here is a LINK to the 2022 RV FORUM Quartzsite Rally Topic with information about the Rally and the QS area.

I will pick up the names of those who have said they are definitely coming.

Bill and Jo Whetstone. PancakeBill, will be coming from Benson, AZ. Not sure of dates yet, but most of the time.

Dan And Marge West, Cedar City, Ut. 1 January to mid March attending Quartzsite,, KOFA,, and Yuma,, Maybe Tucson..>>>Dan ( About the same as past years.)

Many years ago, somebody would post the location by coordinates. Isn't that done any more, or did I miss it?

-Don- Reno, NV
Coordinates are in one of the linked messages:
N33.38.054 and W114.13.591.

your name: Kelly Morgan
Forum name: kcmusa
Home State: Virginia
and arr/dep dates: TBD

Coordinates are in one of the linked messages:
N33.38.054 and W114.13.591.
If that is in degrees-min-sec it comes to, in pure decimal degrees (which IMO, is MUCH easier to use and is MUCH clearer on a computer and avoids any possible confusion):

N033.63348°
W114.23285°

-Don- Reno, NV

Many thanks Jackie for picking up the mantle of coordinating attendies in Jeff's absence. Does that mean that you might be attending as well😁😁

I agree with Tony - thanks Jackie. Kevin and Pam from Iowa will be attending for 2-3 weeks including during the show. And I hope we see you and Steve this winter!

If that is in degrees-min-sec it comes to, in pure decimal degrees (which IMO, is MUCH easier to use and is MUCH clearer on a computer and avoids any possible confusion):

N033.63348°
W114.23285°

-Don- Reno, NV

This is a bit closer:

N33.634236
W114.226503

That is the Forum area for the Q rally? How about the coords for the Forum KOFA spot?

Update.
Thanks, I got the info.

Last edited:
This is a bit closer:

N33.634236
W114.226503
By a few feet or so. Not enough to make a difference, IMO.

I used an old computer map (Delorme Topo) to convert by marking the location in min & sec and then changing to decimal degrees.

How did you convert from the min & sec to decimal degrees?

-Don- Reno, NV

By a few feet or so. Not enough to make a difference, IMO.

I used an old computer map (Delorme Topo) to convert by marking the location in min & sec and then changing to decimal degrees.
I previously used mapping software when I posted the original coordinates in that old linked article. My cursor was probably in a slightly:) different location from yours

I previously used mapping software when I posted the original coordinates in that old linked article. My cursor was probably in a slightly:) different location from yours
IMO, we are using too many digits. A couple past the decimal is all that is really needed unless we're trying to find a small item on the ground or something like that.

N033.634°
W114.230°

Should be more than close enough to find the forum area.

-Don- Reno, NV

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom