Quartzsite Rally 2022 - Reply Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember a number of times in Q when the only lights in the morning were from my rig and Larry’s rig at 5:30-6:00 am. The difference in time between Central and Pacific screws up my body, and I get up obscenely early. It always takes me weeks to fully adjust. It actually was easier with an alarm clock that gave more structure to my life, but I refuse to use one for the sake of principle. Now those who can stay awake past 8 or 9 pm Pacific have my admiration! I am dozing in my chair by Then.

I remember a number of times in Q when the only lights in the morning were from my rig and Larry’s rig at 5:30-6:00 am. The difference in time between Central and Pacific screws up my body, and I get up obscenely early. It always takes me weeks to fully adjust. It actually was easier with an alarm clock that gave more structure to my life, but I refuse to use one for the sake of principle. Now those who can stay awake past 8 or 9 pm Pacific have my admiration! I am dozing in my chair by Then.
For the last 12 or 14 years of my work life I had to get up at around 4am to either leave early to get to work on time or do paperwork for my business. 6 years retired and I can't seem to shake the habit of rising that early.
Now that I'm alone I often fall asleep at 8-8:30, go to bed at 10, and wake up at 2:30-3am. Still find my most productive times in the office from 6am to around 8am.
I'm back and forth, mainly between Pacific and Mountain times, and due to AZ not doing DST, I usually only have to deal with that for a couple of weeks.

Right there with ya, Crow. I did the same for the last 20 years of work life. Prolly not going to change in retirement, hasn't in 6 years! I like the quiet of early morning.

That's where your messing up Crow,, you need at least a couple of MONTHS to acclimate to AZ time..>>>Dan:)
What I mean is, I'll be in California for a couple of weeks after the DST change before I move back to Arizona for 3 months. By the time I leave Arizona and come back to Cali in the spring, the time change will have happened, Cali will be on PDT, and I won't have to deal with a time change.

I still get my 2 time changes a year, but since they're only a couple of weeks apart, I won't really have time to acclimate, so I wont' loose any sleep over it.

Just a quick heads up. We are currently at KOFA off of Kings rd. Believe or not yesterday the road was graded!! The grader was from Yuma country. The road is beautifully graded at least 10 miles back from 95. The downside is the dust is OVER the top. Now people can drive as fast as they want up the road and you do not want to be downwind. By the way there are only 2 other rigs beside ours, never seen it so deserted. Although the blimp can still be seen the BP checkpoint up on 95 is closed!!

Here is a list of some of the things available to see/do in the Quartzsite/KOFA areas:

Pow Wow
RV Show
Flea Market
Rock, Gem & Jewelry Show
Swap Meets
Arts & Crafts Show
Car Show
Hi Jolly Monument & Cemetry
Tyson Wells Stage Station Museum
Bouse Fisherman Intaglio
Blyth Intaglios
Tyson Wash Petroglyphs (some)
Dripping Springs Petroglyphs (lots)
Palm Canyon
KOFA Wildlife Refuge
Cibola National Wildlife Refuge
Ahakhav Tribal Preserve
4WD
Geocaching

We can incorporate some of these into our schedule for the Rally if anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom