Quartzsite rally directions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
In case you missed it in other QZ-related topics and you need directions to the Quartzsite rally site, go to Bob Buchannan's illustrated Quartzsite 2006 page and scroll down the page to Directions. Save the page to your computer and you can view it as you approach QZ without needing to be online. This worked well for us the frirst time we visited QZ. Alternatively, print it out to take along.

To save the page, complete with photos:

• In Firefox right-click and select Save Page As and choose Save as type: Web page complete..
  • In Internet Explorer, click File|Save As and choose Save as type: Web page complete.

Note: The directions were originally provided in a forum message by Jerry Fitzgerald and were subsequently illustrated by Bob Buchannan.

Tom said:
In case you missed it in other QZ-related topics and you need directions to the Quartzsite rally site, go to Bob Buchannan's illustrated Quartzsite 2006 page and scroll down the page to Directions. Save the page to your computer and you can view it as you approach QZ without needing to be online. This worked well for us the frirst time we visited QZ. Alternatively, print it out to take along.

To save the page, complete with photos:

• In Firefox right-click and select Save Page As and choose Save as type: Web page complete..
  • In Internet Explorer, click File|Save As and choose Save as type: Web page complete.

Note: The directions were originally provided in a forum message by Jerry Fitzgerald and were subsequently illustrated by Bob Buchannan.

Thanks, Tom . . . hope the directions help those that are attending for the first time. Ardra and Jerry did a great job in detailing each step of the way.

Also, my camera went south before I could get the final pics to add last year-- and Karl donated his time and camera so I could take those last few shots. That was the day Karl and I went looking for firewood (none had arrived as yet). You must get him to relate the story we got from one vendor and then his wife about the quality of various woods for buring.  :)

Thanks Tom!  We saved that page offline.  I think the Admiral (who hates pcs) might just be able to work with the offline page while I drive.  She has not started driving yet, but that is on the plan for this coming year.  Something tells me she will take to driving better than pcing.

Bob,

I wasn't aware that Karl had taken some of those photos.

Tom said:
Bob,

I wasn't aware that Karl had taken some of those photos.

Actually, he didn't -- just loaned me his camera for the I95/Kuhn street shot. His assistance while taking the shot was also great because that might be one of the busiest intersections (other than Tropicana and Las Vegas Blvd) in the US that week. I walked down to the intersection and took the shot while he hung back on Kuhn and waited -- then picked me up.

My other dilemma there was that if I got close enough so the Kuhn street sign would show up, I couldn't get all of the intersection in the shot. So - I just backed up the I95 overpass bridge until I had it all, then put my own street sign in later. Ya gotta love Digital Darkroom.  :)

Back
Top Bottom