Queen bed is not standard RV bed size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SASEA

Hi Everyone,
I am completely new to the RV life and I am curious about how everyone makes their queen size beds. The bed we have is not a standard RV Queen size it seems and that makes me crazy.
I would like to put a mattress topper/mattress pad/sheets/comforter on this bad boy but this bed measures 60x76 and it seems that the standard RV queen bed is a 60x75. If I just buy regular queen size bedding, I'm going to be tucking a lot under the mattress and it will get messy quick I think.
Does anyone else have this size bed and what did you do?
And not that it matters but this in on a Riverside Retro 179 model.
Thanks

Hi Everyone,
I am completely new to the RV life and I am curious about how everyone makes their queen size beds. The bed we have is not a standard RV Queen size it seems and that makes me crazy.
I would like to put a mattress topper/mattress pad/sheets/comforter on this bad boy but this bed measures 60x76 and it seems that the standard RV queen bed is a 60x75. If I just buy regular queen size bedding, I'm going to be tucking a lot under the mattress and it will get messy quick I think.
Does anyone else have this size bed and what did you do?
And not that it matters but this in on a Riverside Retro 179 model.
Thanks

Do you have a typo in your sizes? You are only showing 1” longer than a standard RV queen. You can either buy regular queen sheets and use the garters Dutch talked about or go to AB Lifesyles and order bedding of the right size. When I had a short queen, I took regular sheets and made a pleat in them.Worked great, but I had a sewing machine and the space to do it.

It is called a "Short Queen" as wide as a full queen but the length is the same as a "Full"
The mattress is almost square They are 60” x 74” in size

Google Short Queen mattress for replacements.

The typical "short queen" or "RV Queen" is 60 x75 and I suspect yours is as well. The 1" difference you see is most likely just a result of where & how you measured, or possible the mattress has spread a little with use. Surely a short queen fitted sheet will stretch over it, and the short queen flat sheet should fit fine. There are many online sources for RV short queen sheets and other bedding, e.g. Amazon, Target, Camping World, etc. Also specialty bedding stores such as All Sheet Sets | Custom Linens Direct

For the record, many RVs have standard queen mattresses rather than short queens. It depends on the interior layout.

For a queen-size bed, you'll need similar size sheets. Agree that "garters" would be a good choice for you

Back
Top Bottom