Question about black streak removers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duhfur

Question, we have a new travel trailer, 01 kc sportsman.

Anyway, there is black spots (appears to be mold) on the window seals.  Will any black streak remover remove it?  Is there a brand that's better?

If the staining is in fact mold, it needs to be neutralized with bleach solution to prevent it from continuing to grow.

However black streaks from dirt on the roof, a very common problem with RV's can be removed with so called black streak removers, or a good concentrated water based grease remover.  I use Simple green in solution, but for most black streak removal, my solution is pretty concentrated.

duhfur said:
Question, we have a new travel trailer, 01 kc sportsman.

Anyway, there is black spots (appears to be mold) on the window seals.  Will any black streak remover remove it?  Is there a brand that's better?

Black mold around windows is extremely hard to remove. You might want to try Korkay. It is an excellent black streak remover.

I strongly do not recommend using my method, but on one trailer I had (Rather old) which developed a black mold problem I used Clorox Bleach, straight out of the bottle.

Bleach at this strength can damage many things, rubber, plastic YOU, so be careful, a diluted mix is safer

there is black spots (appears to be mold) on the window seals.  Will any black streak remover remove it?

No. Black streak removers are not intended for that sort of problem and have no effect.

Bleach will sometimes remove it, or at least lighten it some, but more often than not folks end upreplacing the vinyl moldings because the mold is right down in the pores of the material.

Back
Top Bottom