Question about those 'state maps' that everyone has.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trazoe

.....alright, I have a real technical question for you veteran RVers:? What criteria do you use for those state maps on your RVs?? We recently purchased one and my husband and I have been trying to decide what criteria to use.? It may sound trivial but it has been quite a topic of discussion.? Do you fill in only the states that you have been to with that RV?? With any RV?? Or do you fill in states that you have been to, whether it be by car or by RV?? What if you fly or take the train?? It is a dilemma for us because we have been all over the country but only about 10 states with our trailer.? ?:)? Thanks in advance for your input on this so-important topic!? LOL? :D

I think it is a matter of personal preference.  When we had one of those maps we only counted states that we had overnighted in with our RV didn't matter which of our RV/s we had owned it was. Just driving through didn't count.  Those were the rules set by my minister of travel and as usual I got the last two words in. ;D ;D

Like Ron said, it's your map, you make the rules.

Our rule is it's states we've slept in in our current rv.

trazoe said:
What criteria do you use for those state maps on your RVs?  We recently purchased one and my husband and I have been trying to decide what criteria to use.

Check out your friends rig and put one more state on your rig than your friend has.  ;D

Phil

I bought a little map to go inside a cupboard door as I didn't want the big old map showing inside or outside the rig.? It does not go with my decor.? I also bought little rhinestone sequins to be glued onto the states we visited.? My criteria was if the tires of the motorhome touched the state soil, it counted for a rhinestone.? They were to be superglued on.? First state I had super glue all over myself and the map.? rhinestone was crooked and now I've lost all of the rhinestones and lost interest. I just? now checked behind all cupboard doors and the entire US map is missing.? Instead I have scotched taped post cards of pretty places we've visited? inside doors with the date we were there. The memory evoked by a specific sight is better than a rhinestone anyway.? Your rig, your rules.? Have fun!
Betty Brewer

Hi Betty,
ROFLMAO!!
I know just what you mean, Arlyne has the same map, and has the same trouble, but she is too stubborn to give up.

Boy, glad I spell checked this seeing as who I'm talking to.<BG>

Back
Top Bottom