Question for the Internet Tech guys (that means you Ned)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UK-RV

Question for the Internet Tech guys (that means you Ned  ;D) - oh go on then, anyone else can reply too......

When I get back to the UK, I will have a limited choice for internet access at CGs

Im thinking of going with a mobile phone internet package but am concerned at how much data usage I have each month.

One company suggest the following to be a good indicator of usage.

3GB per month = 12 hrs surfing each day + 45 emails with attachments weekly + 300 std emails weekly + 30 downloaded songs daily + 2 hrs of online radio weekly

or

10GB per month = 24 hrs surfing each day + 135 emails with attachments weekly + 900 std emails weekly + 90 downloaded songs daily + 18 hrs of online radio weekly

I know it depends on various factors, but does the above sound about right to you ?

Thanks
Paul

There is no formula that can apply universally.  Everyones internet usage is different.  I can give a scenario where you will download 1GB per day, and another where 1GB will last a month.  I don't know your internet usage habits so won't even attempt to answer.  You are the only one that knows how you use the internet, so only you can estimate your monthly usage.

As Ned says it will depend on your habits, but as a reference, this is my useage from 6-21-06 to 12-18-06.
4.162 gb in 825 sessions with a total duration of 862 hours.

Clay

The gigabytes in those estimates sound like the right ball  park for that sort of usage. The question is, do you do that stuff? Surf for 12 hours a day solid? Download dozens of songs? Or movies?  If not, your usage is probably much less than either of those figures.

Back
Top Bottom