Question regarding Magnavox DVR use in MH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mavarick

I?m thinking about getting a Magnavox MDR-513H/F7 DVR. I want to record programs while at home using my Comcast cable setup. I then want to take the DVR and watch the recorded programs with it hooked to the Tv in the MH when we don?t have cable service etc. Does anyone know if this DVR will play programs like a VCR, meaning just using RCA cables to the Tv?
I know the cable company DVR and Tivo require subscriptions and have to have a cable signal for playback and I am getting a lot of mixed info on this 513H. Seems like it should work but wondering if anyone else has done the same thing with this or another brand? Thanks.
Here is a link to the product manual if it will help. http://download.m4c.magnavox.com/files/m/mdr513h_f7/mdr513h_f7_dfu_aen.pdf

Just record something on it while you're still home. Then disconnect it from everything except the power and the RCA leads to the TV and see if it works.

Yea, guess I'll just have to get one and try it. I thought this would have been more common a use but guess not. It seems most that are for sale require a subscription from Tivo or the cable company and they won't playback a recording unless they see that signal from a STB. I couldn't tell for sure if this one would work without that signal. Thanks.

Can't tell you for sure with Comcast, but I would assume what you are trying to do will work.  I have done the same thing with my Direct TV service. 

Ordered 1 today so will find out next week. Seems like a good way to catch up on some recorded programs missed during the week when it's too nasty to do anything outside. Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom