Questionable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steveblonde

So i took my new 2020 tri axle trailer to a reputable service place to get an alignment on the axles. When building these things alignments are not 1st of mind. So i decided to pony up $600 to get all three axles aligned for better tracking and tire ware. While its in i ask that they check the brakes and adjust as needed. The trailer has electric drums (i will convert to disks later but not right now) my last unit from this same manufacturer was a tandam and 2 of the 4 brakes were not adjusted and while they are self adjusting if not set up to start they are not going to adjust properly.
So fast fwd
Today i go to pick it up.
I have 3 dexter 7000lb axles with moryyde sre 4000 suspension and while the unit has a build date of 2019
its a 2020 model bought new in Feb 21 and has less than 1800 kms on it used 6 times

SRE4000 Suspension System | MORryde.

So i get to the shop and get told the following
Bearings need to be repacked ( new from factory sealed units on dexter axles with a total of 1800kms my use,and 1800kms travel.from indiana to alberta?) red flag !

Springs are flat and need replacing (i have a sre 4000 by moryde what are the springs supposed to look like?)

The plug (the 7pin that plugs into truck) needs to be replaced

Total $3000 estimate. I paid the $600 for the alignment and brake adjust but the $3000 estimate to fix a brand new trailer?

This is a very reputable shop that has on more than 1 occasion tried to hire me and i considered their offers, but so far as i can tell they just tried to screw me, maybe because i saw red flags im not being objective. Just leave any lawyer comments out please, i wont go there

Suggrstions? Because im about to rip a strip off management?

Thank you for your opinions even if i dont agree j
Cheers steve

Last edited:
I had just the opposite happen to me today. Our kitchen counter and the cabinet work under it started moving away from the wall. The shop owner told me he had just done another Fleetwood with the same problem and it came to $6,000, so that was his estimate. Today he called and said it's all fixed and only $2K, including replacing a sink in the bathroom That I requested.

Sacked springs? Shouldn't MorRide be covering that? The rest of it seems like stuff you could do yourself pretty easily, if they're really necessary?

I think you're right to be suspicious. I think I would tell them no and find another shop.

The only thing you can do is ask them to document every problem so you can force the manufacturers to pay for repairs. At least maybe they will worry about manufacturers calling them for an explanation. And if the problems are real maybe you should be calling the manufacturers.

It is time to modify your statement "This is a very reputable shop". Or so you thought. It is always sad to lose faith in someone you trusted.

"Because im about to rip a strip off management?"

LOL!
My trust is broken, i have recommended them to hundreds of people on this and other forums, i ve sent friends, relatives, and friends of friends. My dad used them on the 70s and 80s, its a betrayal

i smell a rat !..lol. i would be contacting the manufacture, and letting them know about this '' service '' shop big time !. as for all the wear on these trailer parts ?, contact the maker of them, see what they say ?.

Is it still there? Not unreasonable to request an in-person review of what they see. Make them defend their estimate by showing you the evidence.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Is it still there? Not unreasonable to request an in-person review of what they see. Make them defend their estimate by showing you the evidence.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
I picked it up, they did offer but i just had a knee replaced im not up to crawling under any trailer, my biggest issue is the bearings needing a repack when they are sealed and flat springs? On a sre 4000. I hate getting steamrolled like im some sort of ignoramus. Maybe its a pride thing?

Ty i may just call dexter good idea
yes, go straight to the source !. i highly doubt brand new dexter axles are already dead so to speak ?. with all this lock down b.s. , i'd be willing to bet, this shop is trying to pocket some extra cash.

Getting back to the "sealed bearing issue", can I change my current bearings in my Dexter axles to sealed bearings? Would that be a wise move if it is possible?

Sounds like your RV shop started paying the technicians commission. The corner car care shops are notorious for upselling. Be happy you are knowledgeable. I agree, contact the manufacturers directly, good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom