questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Olegred

Hi, everybody. I am thinking of buying a used RV and I was hoping you could educate me a bit. Thanks a lot for helping me out.

1. Would you buy a 10 year old RV? Is it like almost the end of a life cycle for a mobile home? What kind of problems are typical for older RVs?

2. What are the brands you would recommend when shopping for a used unit?

3. I heard the lighter trailers deteriorate faster. Is that so?

Welcome to RV Forum, hope we can be of some assistance.  However, we have to clear up a few things.  When you say RV, that covers a lot of territory -- A and C motorhomes, van conversions, slidein camper and about four flavors of trailer.  What it does not cover are mobile homes, those things are stationary, manufactured housing.  I

I do gather that you are referring to trailers. Right?  If so what kind do you want  -- small, middling, big, really big, or huge?  What do you have to pull it with?  Do you plan to live full time in the trailer, or just vacation with it?

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us

Welcome to RVForum.net.

Yes, I would buy a 10 year old RV - and have done so in the past.  There reallyis not a life cycle to worry about, except perhaps on motorhomes where drivetrain parts like belts and hoses deteriorate with age.

Tires also deteriorate with age and our rule of thumb is hat at 7 years of age (based on the DOT manufacturing date stamped on the tire) failure is imminent regardless of tread wear or apparfent sidewall condition.  Therefore a 10 year old RV likely needs new tires unless they have been recently replaced.

Back
Top Bottom