R/C Airplanes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
malexander said:
How many of you that fly R/C take your planes with you in the RV?

I am in training as a student pilot. I took my plane (Hobbico Nexstar trainer)  from NH down to FL.  I had to custom build a box which fits in the back of my truck which contains the plane.

I bought a Parrot BeBop 2 drone back in the fall, right before Christmas and have been flying it quite a bit and plan on taking it with us camping this year.  Of course it's not quite the same as an RC airplane, but lots of fun none the less.  Hopefully, there are campgrounds out there that have enough room to be able to fly it away from the "campsite" area....and we may take it along sometimes when we go hiking.  I've got a backpack to put everything in....controller, drone, four batteries, spares, etc.

Tom Hoffman said:
Why limit it to planes.  Mine makes the trip every year from Iowa to Yuma AZ

lol, I thought about this very thing a few minutes after I started this thread.
I should have said your R/C "stuff".  I fly airplanes, and so that's what I was thinking about.

Not a plane but I think I still have an R/C buggy and a crawler. I used to play with it on trails.

xrated said:
????....  Hopefully, there are campgrounds out there that have enough room to be able to fly it away from the "campsite" area......

Here In good ole' Pennsylvania the Parks commissioner and the game commission have both "banned" flying drones over their properties.  :( When I pointed out to Ranger Rick that the FAA controls the airways and if I operate from the local state highway he would not be able to stop me from flying over his park.  His response was "I'll arrest you for disturbing the wildlife"... Just then an Air Force KC135 flew over the campground at treetop level (looked like avoidance maneuvers), I wonder if they disturbed the "wildlife"? :eek:

It's too bad that all the aerial operators have to suffer because of the few careless ones!  :mad:

We have been using our Class A this year to attend F3A pattern meets up and down the west coast.  I got back into RC after a 27 year hiatus, this last December.  Unfortunately, my two competition planes are rather large ( 2 meter) and we have to resorted to using a trailer to haul them around in.  With the exception of one contest, we have been able to stay at every field we have been to.  We are actually using the RV more frequently now that I've started competing again. Not to say we were not before, but now it's like every other weekend!
The photo is my Oxai Galactika with Contra Drive. For a size comparison the  car in the background is our "toad" a Chevy HHR.

Attachments

• IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom