R-Pod vs. Micro Minnie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryL60

Hi all! This will be my first post, so go easy on me! My wife and I are from White Plains, NY - just outside of NYC. To escape the hectic life of NYC, we love to camp. We previously owned our R-Pod 178. We absolutely loved that thing. We took it everywhere from the Adirondacks to the Finger Lakes. Unfortunately, we had to part ways with it because of work responsibilities and the inability to use it.

Anyways...we are looking to get back into a camper and had originally considered going right back to R-Pod's but we began looking at the Micro Minnie's. They are a bit heavier than the Pods but have a lot more room and amenities. The options seem endless but is it really worth the extra weight and price?

We would love any feedback from owners of either! :)

Hi and welcome!  :)) I can't talk to the amenities of the Micro Minnie but generally speaking Winnebago builds a good product. We went large for our very first RV - our current 40' Horizon, I would say go for more room especially if you will be spending a lot of time in it. Rarely, very rarely did I ever wish we bought a smaller unit. The Micro might have more tank capacity providing more dry camping flexibility.

Thank you!! I am very jealous of your 40' unit! Unfortunately, I do not think our little Toyota Tacoma could tow that! As for the Micro Minnie, the unit overall is bigger because you get a full bathroom and a walk around bed. I believe the tanks are similar in size, but you make a good point about dry camping. Having the full bathroom and shower would be really nice for dry camping!

We owned a little 18 ft Winnebago trailer and loved it. I think it would now be considered a ?micro? but was just a mini when we owned it. We pulled it with our Dodge Durango SUV. We ended up trading up to a bigger rig only because we are planning to eventually go full time. If not for that, we would probably have kept it forever. It was well built, comfortable and packed a lot into a small, compact space. We researched the R-pod as well before buying, but found the finishes to be much better on the Winnebago. I think you will be very happy with the Winnebago should you decide to go that way.

Hi Larry,

We previously owned an R Pod 179, a 2014. We liked it very much, but we just wanted something a bit more. We traded it in on a Winnie 2108DS with the murphy bed. As much as we loved the counter space in the R Pod, the Winnie is a step up in every way. The ducted heat and AC, the large fridge, the stove with the exhaust hood, the outside storage, the build quality - everything. It weighs almost 1,000 pounds more, but with a weight distribution hitch and double axles, it's a dream. We're not too far from you, we're in southern CT. Feel free to email.

Thanks,
Geoff

Back
Top Bottom