Range Hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anna01

Hello, I bought a completely gutted camper trailer had have been rebuilding it. I am currently installing a kitchen. I will have small, two burner camp-style gas range. I understand it is code to have a range hood for it? Does that need to be ducted or can I use a non-ducted hood? Also, there is no previous wiring for a hood, but there is a non-grounded outlet nearby. Am I able to have it wired into that circuit easily?

Most RV hoods run off 12 Volt DC not 120 Volt AC. Did it ever have a hood before?  Is there already a hole in the wall for a vent?  A RV hood would also be smaller I believe than a regular household hood.

https://www.amazon.com/Hengs-R0423500-C1-Black-Range-Light/dp/B00HSO0LY6/ref=sr_1_4?hvadid=267907641504&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9012161&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=2662962266755992455&hvtargid=aud-646675774026%3Akwd-302516819405&keywords=rv+hood+range&qid=1553618687&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Unfortunately the previous owner ripped everything out and patched everything up, so I can't even tell where the old kitchen was. The only holes on the exterior are are two circular holes on the rear of the camper which have been sealed up. I can try to open those up and see what's underneath.

A range hood is required, but I don't think a vent is needed - certainly not to the outside, anyway.  Most range hoods have a fan and 12v fans are used in RVs (since it may not always have 120v power).

Ah, okay that makes sense. Have you heard of any vent fans that run off of like D battery, for instance? I don't have a working 12v system in my trailer. I have various wires on the exterior that have been covered up with aluminum plates, but I can't find a place where a 12v battery might have possibly been attached.

On travel trailers, the battery is usually mounted on the the tongue of the trailer. There is also generally a power distribution panel similar to the one in the link below. Both 12 volt DC power and 120 volt ac power run to the rest of the trailer from there. I would suggest you look at a few websites to gain an understanding of the rv electrical systems. It would be a big help to you in the future. It a lot easier to incorporate the electrical systems into the rebuild, rather than an afterthought.

https://www.progressivedyn.com/rv/acdc-distribution-panels/pd5000-series-acdc-power-distribution-panel-30-amp-120-vac/

I just have to ask.  Is this "two burner camp style gas range" an RV type propane appliance, or are you trying to use a Coleman type camp stove with white gas?  I certainly hope you aren't trying to use a Coleman stove inside.

Broan-NuTone is a standard, no-frills vent hood. Note that there is no electrical cord. If you are using this to replace an old one, you have to move the cord from your old unit to the new one or hardwire depending on your setup. Also, vent flaps are not included. You will need to buy separately. I did not think the fan was especially loud as some reviewers have said. This is the low-cost option after all.

Robert Clark said:
Broan-NuTone is a standard, no-frills vent hood. Note that there is no electrical cord. If you are using this to replace an old one, you have to move the cord from your old unit to the new one or hardwire depending on your setup. Also, vent flaps are not included. You will need to buy separately. I did not think the fan was especially loud as some reviewers have said. This is the low-cost option after all.

The op hasn?t been back since writing this post back in March of 2019. We don?t know how they made out. A reply from them would have been nice.

Timely resuscitation for me. Of the many to-dos left on Marvin is to replace the failed internally vented 12V range hood.

The cooker was replaced fairly recently but the hood light and fan are both failed. Well the fan runs if you can put up with the screeching and grinding noises - LOL...

If you're looking for a convenient installation and organized setup for your 12-volt range hood, this minimalist piece is for you. Veneered with a clean black finish, the Heng R0423500-C1 cooker hood will blend in easily with the rest of your interior design.
Did you install one? Shows your setup...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom