Rasure's R Back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KenR

After vanishing for a few years, it looks like I finally have some time to be on the RV Forum again. Thanks Ron R. for contacting us to let us know of the move. Some of you long-timers (as opposed to old-timers) may remember me and my little family from years ago - back to and before the infamous Dallas rally (remember banana splits?) and the first Centermost rally. And before you ask, the cyber grandbaby is doing great.

Does anyone still have their old ugly yellow forum cap and flag? I still have mine in an overhead somewhere.? I'll keep the flag, but will sell the cap - cheap! (Always trying to cut down on the weight)

I'm looking forward to renewing old acquaintances and making new ones!
Ken

Welcome back to our friendly forum Ken. Always nice to see an old, er long time, face. Hope you'll be a regular here again.

I still have my forum cap and flag  :)

Welcome back, Ken. ?Good to hear from you again.

We have a flag, 2 caps and a decal. ?Still wear the caps at rallies. ?Maybe Tom will offer replacements for us with a new logo :)

Welcome back Ken, Kathryn, and Katie,

Was glad we finally figured out how to get a hold of you. ?Was great talking to Kathryn today. ?We all sure got a cutie forum grandaughter. ?I posted a photo of Katie that Kathryn send today. ?Hope you guys can join us at one of the Rallies.

What do you think of our new home here?

Hi Ken

Glad to see you back and was wondering how the baby/young child is doing. ?Where are you living these days, heard you were moving to Arkansas? ?Ned and I are fine and on our way to Moab for the southwest spring rally. ?Hope you can join us soon at one of our rallies. ?Greet Kathryn for us and hope to see you in the near future.

Hi Ron
Glad to hear that some of you have arrived at Portal safely.  By the way were is the pic of Katie, I can't seem to find it??

Hi Ken,

Welcome back!!! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I'll bet the cyber grandbaby is getting really big now! :) Hope we see you here more often now.

K, K & K,

Great!

Remember the Dallas micro rally with CJ? BBQ, RV Show and Mexican in the "place you don't want to go by yourself"?

Looking forward to chatting with you again and hopefully crossing paths.

Bob Maxwell said:
I'm so glad all y'all made it back!

Did you hear about Barb Barbera's passing? I know she held a special place in your heart.

No, I didn't know about Barb. What sad news. Yes, she was an extremely nice, caring, one-of-a-kind person and very special to me. I was fortunate to spend some time with her and her husband at their place in Surprise and at some rallies. We used to exchange emails often. She gave us a beautiful hand-made blanket at the cyber shower for Katie and it is still hanging on a wall in her room like the piece of art it is. I know she led a full life, but it really makes me sad to hear of her passing. Thanks for letting me know.

joelmyer said:
Remember the Dallas micro rally with CJ? BBQ, RV Show and Mexican in the "place you don't want to go by yourself"?

I still have some pictures from it. CJ, Joe Frost, Joe Lacy, Bill Scott (has he been on the forum lately?), Sam & Ron, and a few others whose names I can't recall right now. Remember the older guy who wore baggy shorts with no underwear? I did not take a picture of that!? It was an interesting crew.

KenR said:
I still have some pictures from it.

Ken, how about uploading a photo or two for those of us who remember those folks. Just attach it/them to a message or reply by clicking Additional options at the lower left of your screen.

...Helaine, One of the cyber Grandmas

Hi, Helaine! Good to hear from you. It sure doesn't seem like it's been almost 7 years since the cyber shower. Your cyber grandbaby is doing great. She'll finish kindergarten in a couple of weeks, but is already working at a mid-1st grade level in reading and math. She's really a very sweet and loving little girl. It's pretty interesting around our house because she is always bringing home hurt rabbits, birds, and even a little snake (the only one which Daddy didn't allow to stay.) ?She's cute as can be and I've already started saving for a Corvette on her 16th birthday. (just kidding - kind of).
Take care.

Tom said:
Ken, how about uploading a photo or two for those of us who remember those folks. Just attach it/them to a message or reply by clicking Additional options at the lower left of your screen.

I'll be happy to do that in a few weeks. We just sold our house in Denton to move to Arkansas and all of my pictures are packed away somewhere in a box.

No problem Ken. I assumed they were digital pics on your computer.

Lorna said:
..Where are you living these days, heard you were moving to Arkansas?

We're in transition right now. I've been living in our motorhome in Morrilton, Arkansas (about 20 miles north of Conway) since January and Kathryn and Katie are still in our house in Texas. I go back home most weekends. Kathryn went back to college to finish her teaching degree so they are staying there until late July. She will be finishing her last class then. She's excited about graduating and I'm excited about not having to pay for school! We're having a house built on 3 acres in Greenbrier, which is a small town outside of Conway. We're having an RV pad with full hookups put in on the property so I'll be moving the rig there as soon as that's finished. The house is supposed to be completed in Sept., but the builder thinks the pad will be ready in July.

After we get settled, I'm thinking maybe a forum rally somewhere in Arkansas would be in order!
Later

Ken,

There were a lot more people at the Lubies lunchen than what there was at the Lake.  Do you remember any of those that attended the lunch?

Great having you back on with us.  Give K & K each a big hug from us when you get home.

Back
Top Bottom