rc boat battery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGiacomo

I thought maybe this would be a good place to ask ;D...i just bought an RC boat [a cheap one] ......i bought it to experiment on a fishing project that i have dreamed up and to have fun with the geese in a pond.......

the boat came with a 9.6 Ni CD battery and it  doesn't last but about 5 minutes until it starts to slow down...... i have not kept up with all the new types of batteries out and i just thought i might ask here what might be the best way to go..........

i hope this isn't the start of a new addiction.........but whenever i see a kid playing with these things i feel like asking for a turn ;D.............

Well, I'd be interested in the responses also.  I did the same thing, though I got mine for Christmas a year ago.  The grandkids love it, but like you, it doesn't last very long.  Listening in!!

Don
  Take  the battery to a local hobby shop and talk to them about options for longer run times,or visit the manufacturers website as they also are likely to sell an upgrade  battery that will give you what you want.
  If you can match up the voltage, there are some high capacity battery's available using LIPO ,downside is spacial chargers.
                                                    Bill

Nickle metalhydride batteries are better and can sub for nicad.  Your batteries probably been sitting on the shelf too long.

Thanks for the ideas and info........you have given me yet more research to do...i suspect that the more money you pay for these little RC toys, the better, and more efficient the motors are.......i will mess with this little boat long enough to know if i need [or want] to step up to a little more expensive toy ......and then i will invest in a more expensive power pack.........and charger.......

If the boat has the capacity and can handle the weight you might be able to use two of the NICAD batteries and wire in parallel.

Honest John said:
If the boat has the capacity and can handle the weight you might be able to use two of the NICAD batteries and wire in parallel.

That's a good idea, i have a little room on each side, i'll do some measuring and take that into consideration.......

As I think about this little project, I'm about at the point of building a wooden boat and ordering all the parts that i need for it........but that probably will be in the late fall........it's almost time to start having fun here... ;D 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cory5999
Back
Top Bottom