Re: 2006 Southeast Fall Rally Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the claification Len. Glad to hear you're starting to feel good.

Hi Len,

Glad you are recovering. Things certainly can change in an instant. Back in '90 I went in for gall bladder surgery, came home for three days and was back in the emergency room with the most severe pain I had ever encountered. After 10 hours of testing they determined it was a perferated ulcer. Hope that never happens again!!!!

RV Roamer said:
The RVForum's 2006 SOUTHEAST FALL RALLY will be held at SKIDAWAY ISLAND STATE PARK in SAVANNAH, GA. The rally starts Friday, October 20 and ends Oct 25[/b

I don't know if this is of any interest to rally goers (or any time really) but the community of Sun City Hilton Head in Bluffton, SC is just 6 miles from SC I-95 exit  8 ( ~40 miles from Skidaway) and has its own small RV "park". It's actually 6 full service (s/w/e (50amp only)) sites within the RV and Boat Club storage facility which includes a covered RV washing facility. The price is $20/night. One can get a reservation either by a homeowner (me) or by calling the Pulte Sun City Sales Office and saying one wants to use park while looking at community.    Please PM me if interested and I will check availabilty (it gets full this time of year ) and supply further details.

Leaning towards Bikefest.  Closer.  This way we will be closer to Titusville and can pitch our tent in Jim' yard.

Plus, I have Th-Fr-Sa off.  If we came I would have to drive TH, stay there Fr and leave Sa.  Oh well, maybe next time.

PancakeBill said:
Leaning towards Bikefest.  Closer.  This way we will be closer to Titusville and can pitch our tent in Jim' yard.

Bill,

Would let you pitch your tent but you'd have to get the 5er first. No slide-ins allowed. Don't know why but they also ban popups. Perhaps Dad would let you use the Bounder!!!

Jim
I knew that, I was just messin.  Besides, I'd have to push my bike in, right?  Plus I really meant tent.  Just a tent.  maybe a nice bonfire at night...  (G)

I lost track, will you be back by then? 

PancakeBill said:
Jim
I knew that, I was just messin.  Besides, I'd have to push my bike in, right?  Plus I really meant tent.  Just a tent.  maybe a nice bonfire at night...  (G)

I lost track, will you be back by then? 

You can now ride into the commercial area and they are supposed to build a new staging area near the commercial area. Tents and bonfires are out. ;D I plan on leaving the bike here for the winter. It appears I have a problem with my left shoulder which might require an operation. That will put me out of commission for most of the winter. I'll have more time trying to figure out how to carry it or a larger one on the coach. I'm probably going to look into trading the car for a mid-size pickup.

No, we won't be back until the first part of November.

RV Roamer said:
....the Fall Rally Location, time, etc. info has been moved ...

Good idea Gary. I went ahead and changed the link on the web site to point to the other topic.

Hi Tom
I am in Virginia headed south soon....I hope....gettin chillie here......Are you going to be in Savannah, Ga?
Cliff

Tom said:
Gary,

FWIW I added a link on the Home page to this to this topic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom