RE: Another New One!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sydny

Aloha From Hawaii!

Yes, I'm leaving the Big Island of Hawaii for the unknown by-ways of the Mainland!? Why would anyone in their right mind want to leave Paradise, you ask??? Having retired, and wanting a change from the hot, humid weather of Hawaii, I've decided to purchase a motorhome.? As a single female, young at 64, I have my eye set on a used 1999 American Dream.....outfitted to the max.....and in great shape.? Was owned by a retired firefighter, who knows diesel engines like the back of his hand, and is an incredible handyman to boot. My house is up for sale, and am hoping to be able to leave either this December or January, to pick the rig up in Arizona, where it is currently stored.

I am so excited by my new venture I can hardly wait, but the butterflies in my stomach sometimes gives me cautious moments.? Wondering if I get in trouble, who will help me?? Or if I have a flat tire, who will come?? I guess these questions would be up to the insurance company I choose. Hoping to find a tow vehicle like a CJ Jeep....something I can hook, and unhook, with the greatest of ease, would be a blessing.

Are there some RV single folks who would like to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of going it alone?? Have you had second thoughts about leaving your? home (now sold), leaving your neighborhood, starting a new life on the road?? I am open to all suggestions, opinions, thoughts, ideas, or just plain good wishes.? Please just jot them down, and hit the send button.? ?Thank you very much!
?

Check into LOWs, a singles organization mainly for ladies, ESCAPEES, FMCA, and check out our Quartzsite rally in late January.

I always reccomend  the steel
roadmaster hitch for the towed car that mounts on the RV.

Hi Sydny,

Welcome to the forum. If that '99 Dream is in great shape you will have one fine coach. We live full time in a 2000 Dream.

Ask any questions you may have. There are lots of folks here that can give you good advice. Going full time can give you butterflies but traveling around this great country will soon make them disappear. You will find in most campgrounds there are more than enough people willing to help someone with a problem. The quickest way to draw a crowd is open the hood of your vehicle, coach or toad. :) We have so many members on this forum all across the country that, most likely, there will be someone available to help out in an emergency.

A toad such as a Jeep Wrangler is a good idea in my mind. We like to go off road on occasion to see what most people never do. We tow a Suzuki Grand Vitara and have climbed quite a few hills.

As Russ mentioned there are groups of singles which you can join. They will have rallies and trips available. We also have several rallies throughout the year and everyone is welcome to join in. In fact, one of our largest rallies is in Quartzsite, AZ the end of January. If you are still in the area it would be a great one to attend. You will meet many members and receive lots of information. Unfortunately this is not our year to attend.

Loners of Wheels (LOW) is a good organization for single RVers - we have met many of their members and all have made positive comments about the group, both as a source of entertainment and support if it is ever needed.  Their web site is: www.lonersonwheels.com/

I think you will have a ball with your Dream - go for it!  ;D

Welcome to the RV Forum.? Personally I think the Dream is an excellent coach.? It is made by the same manufacturer that made our American Eagle and they also make the Tradition.? American Coach provides excellent service if needed.? We have several friends that are living their DREAM in and American Dream.? Great coach.

If you get a chance you are welcome to join us at one of our rallies the largest being the Quartzsite  rally in January or the Moab Rally in May.  Check the calendar for dates.  There are also a couple rallies in the Southeast.

Thank you all for your wonderful support and enthusiasm for my up-coming sojourn!? By your kind words and thoughts, you have convinced me that my dream will become a reality with my "American Dream" in a couple months.

Hoping to meet you all someday, at least to thank you in person for your confidence and approval!

Back
Top Bottom