Re: Need help with entry-level travel trailer brands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeC17

I'm looking for a light weight trailer to tow with my Tacoma and rarely hear about the Lance 1475 or 1575.  Why? After looking at Lance model, I am impressed. They are priced higher than most light weight travel trailers; however, they are light (2700), roomy (slideout) and well constructed. Please help me (1st time buyer). Used are hard to come by.

Welcome to the RV Forum MikeC17

It's best to start you own thread when asking questions. You have a better chance of others seeing your question.

I'm not familial with the lance line so I can't help you. But If the floor plan works for you then that's a big win.

jackiemac said:
I have split post so hopefully get some relevant answers.

Welcome to the forum Mike.

Thanks Jackie..I was hoping someone would help Mike get more views..

I saw some used Lance Model 1475 trailers on RV Trader (rvtrader.com). I don't know if any are located in your area.

Welcome aboard.  While I have not owned a Lance, when we were looking at travel trailers a few years ago and then 2  years ago when in the market for a truck camper we looked at and strongly considered Lance.  As far as RV build goes Lance is pretty darn good and they have some nice features etc.  The only reason we chose another travel trailer was strictly floor plan fit our needs better and with the truck camper we chose another because what we wanted was 3-slides, which Lance did not have.  Do you see a pattern here?  Ultimately it should come down to what floor plan and features fit your needs and desires the best.  Good luck with your choice.

MikeC17 said:
After looking at Lance model...

I'm guessing you mean "looking" online, right? While that's a great way to get started with RV'ing, don't make any determinations until you actually see some trailers in person. Imagine sitting in there as living space. Think of a rainy day (can't go outside), or 2+ people, or pets, and that roominess you're thinking of may get small quick. That's why a lot of folks end up with bigger RV's than they first imagined.

For instance, for our first RV I was positive we would buy a 25-28' Class C motorhome and be thrilled about it... that was my only exposure to RV'ing as a kid in my grandparents' 1973 Dodge Sprinter 23' Class C. Then I visited a large dealer lot after hours and stepped inside a few of their used Class A's. I was blown away at the extra space and roominess that many folks here had described (in the never-ending Class C vs. Class A debate) and I was sold. We bought a 35' Class A and loved it. When we switched to a trailer several years later, I knew what kind of space our family needed and bought our current 32' bunkhouse travel trailer after many months of shopping. No regrets.

All that said, maybe the Lance is indeed the perfect trailer for your wants and needs. Just go see one in person, and compare to several other trailer designs before deciding one way or the other.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom