Ready to get back out there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuperG

Hi!  I stopped full time  rving a couple years ago when my rv companion died. We had actually only been on the road for a couple years. We had a class a and I did not drive it-i let him take care of that! I am familiar with the systems, etc. Sooooo after my partner died I took care of my mom with dementia until her passing.

Now I?m ready to get back on the road. I don?t want a class a and would like some input regarding class c. I would be much more comfortable driving a c. I?m going to begin shopping and would like to keep it under 60k and less than 4 years old. Any suggestions?

Thank you!!!

SuperG said:
Hi!  I stopped full time  rving a couple years ago when my rv companion died. We had actually only been on the road for a couple years. We had a class a and I did not drive it-i let him take care of that! I am familiar with the systems, etc. Sooooo after my partner died I took care of my mom with dementia until her passing.

Now I?m ready to get back on the road. I don?t want a class a and would like some input regarding class c. I would be much more comfortable driving a c. I?m going to begin shopping and would like to keep it under 60k and less than 4 years old. Any suggestions?

Thank you!!!

Sorry to hear about your losses in such a short period of time.
Welcome to the forum. Do you still have the Class A?

No. I am looking to switch to a c. Need some advice on that. I?m solo so well whatever help or advice is appreciated!

Laurel

May I ask how you got your pic on your profile?  I?m pretty computer savvy but this is rather archaic!

Welcome!!

Putting the picture in place is fairly easy!! Look under Profile on the menu line above and select Forum Profile. From there select any picture you like on your computer.

Archaic?? Nah!!! :)

I do most of my traveling alone and I also had a Fleetwood Bounder 33U, Class A as my first Motor Home, which I did not like driving, so I switched to a smaller Class C. My 2nd coach was a Winnebago Aspect 30J and I almost enjoyed driving the Aspect.

The issue with a smaller Class C is that it is subject to every breathe of wind, and semi's passing is sometimes a white knuckle moment. Also the lack of towing capability (5,000#). So I switched up again to the Super C class. Even traveling alone I really like the Super C. Don't let the visual of a Semi-Truck chassis intimidate you.

I enjoy driving the Dynamax DX3 on the Frieghtliner M2 106 chassis. When a semi asses me, it is a non-issue. I have driven in 30 mph crosswinds with very little impact to driving. The Dynamax tracks down the road like, well... a semi-truck, straight down the highway. I can take my eyes off the road for a second without having the coach drift as was the case with my Bounder and Aspect.

On my usual route up through Nevada on US 95 a 400 mile trek, I would end the segment exhausted with my Bounder or Aspect. A couple of weeks ago I made the trip in my Dynamax and I  had energy when I arrived. It was a pleasure to drive the coach.

Good luck on your search, and know that there are used Super C's on the used market. They are just few and far between.

Now that I?ve had time to think,I might do a fifth wheel?  If I drive a c then I have to tow a car. That?s 2 engines to worry about!  Any advice on fifth wheel or trav l grailer?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There are lots of smaller 5th wheels out there and travel trailers that might suit you.  You are right about only having one engine to worry about, that is one of the reasons we got a trailer.  We love ours.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom