Ready to Retire and Travel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobM

Hi Folks,

My name is Bob and I will retire the end of this August. My wife Winnie and I will be taking our first extended RV trip in over thirty years. We plan to travel from New York to Florida, via Ohio, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia. We plan to be on the road from mid-September through early December. We will attend the FMCA Rally in Bainbridge, NY, the Born Free Rally in Maine and Missouri, and the Good Sam Samboree in Missouri. I also hope to travel the Natchez Trace Parkway. We have spent many hour gathering information on what to see and do during the trip. I enjoy Sporting Clays, Golf and quiet water kayaking. Please feel free to offer your thoughts on places we should visit and campgrounds we shouldn't miss. Look forward to many fine hours communicating on this forum

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  We are glad you found us.  Please join in the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask any questions you might have relating to the RVing lifestyle.

Now you are aware that when you retire you will loose some things like no more paid vacation, no more sick leave, no more paid holidays, why you even loose your weekends because you will be so busy enjoying yourselves you won't even care what day it is. ;D ;D

Any way congratulations on your upcoming retirement.  Even with all those things you will loose I can highly recommend it. :D

Any chance you will be able to join us at a RV Forum rally?  Check the calendar for dates and lo0cations.

Bob,

Do you mean to say you will be returning to NY in December?? B-r-r-r!

If you want to experience the ultimate in an RV park, consider stopping in at The Great Outdoors RV Resort.? You might even come across a few Forum members there!

OTOH if you will be in Florida in February, the FMCA Southeast Area Rally is one that is a lot of fun.? CLICK HERE for info.

What parts of Florida do you plan to visit?

Hi Bob and Winnie,

You're trip sounds divine!

My husband and I stayed in a campground which was I believe in West Memphis, Arkansas. It was called I think the Tom Sawyer RV park or something like that. We stopped there for an overnight coming back home from the east in late May. It has sites right on the Mississippi and if you can get one, the view is delightful. We sat and watched huge barges, sometimes 5 deep and 10 long moving slowly down the river, and that was totally fun. So, if you happen to be in that next of the woods, you might try it.

Welcome, and glad you're here!

BernerGran :)

BernerGran said:
a campground which was I believe in West Memphis, Arkansas. It was called I think the Tom Sawyer RV park

We were going to stay there one time. Looked great in the book and everyone who had stayed there said it was great. However, the area leading to the park looked like a really undesirable place and we turned around about a half mile from the turnoff to the park. We ended up staying at the KOA in Memphis - big mistake. People tell me I should have kept going to the Tom Sawyer RV park.

Thanks for the kind notes and well-wishes. We are indeed returning to New York in December ? but only to be with the family for the holidays. Come January we will be returning to Florida to continue our visit with my folks (dad is 93 and mom is 90) and my sister and brother-in-law who all live in Spring Hill. We are considering leaving the motor home (Born Free Class C) in Florida, fly home for the holidays then return to Florida by plane or train. We are members of Good Sam, FMCA and the Leap? Lions Born Free Clubs. We plan to attend as many rallies as time and destinations permit. Brooksville is only a stone's throw from Spring Hill, so we will add that to our agenda as well as the RVFORUM Rally in Georgia in November. In any case, we will be looking for members of the framily as we travel. Are there decals or other means of identifying the fine people in this group?

Clay Breaker said:
Are there decals or other means of identifying the fine people in this group?

We have hats, decals and flags. They have a logo similar to the one in the rop right of your screen. The hats and flags are gold in color with the logo prominent front and center.  Last time I checked, Fred Thomas was handling the sales.

Attachments

• Hat_winner.jpg
    Hat_winner.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi Clay,

Welcome to the friendliest forum in cyberspace. Glad you are here.

When you are in Florida try to take up Steve on his suggestion to visit The Great Outdoors in Titusville. We will be there from the first week of November until March. Would love to have you stop by. We'll give you a tour of the place. It is unique. We own a lot there and sometimes visit it. ;D

Tom said:
We have hats, decals and flags. They have a logo similar to the one in the rop right of your screen. The hats and flags are gold in color with the logo prominent front and center.? Last time I checked, Fred Thomas was handling the sales.

How do I get in touch with Fred Thomas?

Clay

Fred will be online soon. Meanwhile, I'm looking for the contact info to give you.

Here's the last email address I have for Fred:  [email protected]

He sure was Ned. It's not the same around here without Fred  ;D

If you are going to be near the Florida/Georgia border in early November, please consider joining other RV Forum members at the forums RV Forum Southeast Fall Rally at Tifton, GA.  Meet some of the folks you hear from on this forum and have good time.  There are no special requirements and  no organized activities - we just enjoy each other's company!

See http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=1064.0 for more info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom