Rear view cameras, monitor location in tow vehicle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

I'll be adding a rear view camera to the back of the FW when the time comes and wondered what others have done about locating the monitor. High degree of likelihood the TV will be a 2006 to 2012ish Ford.

Related: depending on the year and trim of the TV it may or may not have its own rear view monitor. If it does not, I would like to install a camera on the TV that can be used with the 5W system, i.e., one monitor, two cameras. (I'm going to try for wireless, 5-7" monitor)

The Garmin 760 GPS can accommodate up to 4 cameras.  I do not have this option, so I can not speak to how well it works.  I just know it exists.

I swapped out my old aftermarket radio for an fold out in dash TV just for the camera input and aux. It was only $22 on ebay because the CD player doesn't eject discs. I mounted a camera right in the middle of the back (where a license plate normally is located on a regular car) to help me line up when hooking up to the boat.

However, while backing it back into the driveway, I jack knifed and dinged my corner trim. Backing up a trailer with an RV is a lot harder than a truck due to the extra blindspots. Therefore, I am going to be adding another camera up top, pointing down, so I can see when I am getting to sharp while backing up. I have 2 video inputs, not including the dedicated camera input, so it will be an easy addition.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom