Rear view mirror?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

Looking for a large mirror that I can install in our motorhome in order to be able to monitor activity in the coach.

jymbee said:
Yep, along those lines. Keep an eye on any misbehavior activity.  :)

Some things are best un-seen  ;)

Not sure what you are driving or plans to mount, but ebay has all sorts of odd things like that, pretty cheap

I can't stand the rearview mirror in my C. I keep it flipped up towards the roof.

Sprucegum said:
Nowadays parents record such activities and post them on utube to make a fortune  ::)

In our case the activities have to do with the travelling canine and feline. But yes, cat & dog videos are huge!  :)

spencerpj said:
Some things are best un-seen  ;)

Not sure what you are driving or plans to mount, but ebay has all sorts of odd things like that, pretty cheap

Best response I've read all week!!!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

In our previous coach, I had a 4" parabolic mirror mounted on the dash that let me keep track of any goings on in the coach while underway. Our dog was always tethered, but my wife sometimes moved about to use the bathroom, etc., when traffic was light, so it helped to monitor her location. Our current coach doesn't have enough room on the dash, so I used a smaller 2.5" mirror this time, but it still works as well. Both were found in auto parts stores.

beyond options meant for that purpose
you might also look at golf cart review mirrors
or boat mirrors
as options
Or even a middle mirror from an old car, glued to the glass

yeah, I'd search amazon or ebay for that one....

I use the ford mirror in mine all the time for that purpose.  It would be a little better if it were bigger, but I find that it's good enough for me as is

I got a mirror out of the baby/infant section at Wal Mart -it's meant for the car so you can monitor a baby in the back.  It has several mounting options and is parabolic.  I clipped mine to the overhang area in front of the cockpit so I can see the dog and watch for any "mishaps" like stuff falling, cabinets coming open, etc.

If you want a wide, but lower profile mirror, look for a racing mirror such as the one in the link. Race cars use bigger mirrors to help them see the competition coming up behind them.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lng-22544

I also found this one for only $10 from Fleet Farm. Its 18 inches wide. The previous one was only 14 inches.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/k-source-interior-wide-angle-mirror-18-in-/0000000038756?gclid=CjwKCAjw7vraBRBbEiwA4WBOn5HLxiLP8HAiOAbELM0Dvv_aQw-ugvk8swembev20eSOgm5ls_Q9lRoCWlUQAvD_BwE

I wouldn't mind one myself just to see what banged open back there :)  I was even thinking of using the Garmin 770 wireless rear view camera option and mounting it somewhere behind me.  Then I could switch to camera and take a quick look.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom