Recall Work Verification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BinaryBob

Moderator Emeritus
Considering a unit that has had recalls on the brakes and Norcold fridge.
Should the dealer have evidence that these recalls have been done?
What should I be asking for?

Thanks

Further sleuthing on the forum turned up the Workhorse web site.
The previous owner had registered the unit with workhorse. Phone call to Customer Relations comfirmed all workhorse recalls have been performed.
Not sure how to verify the fridge issue, but since he was all over this issue, I would assume the fridge has been done too.

There may have been 2 recalls on the Norcold (might also be model dependent) and in looking in the back of the fridge there may be a new wiring diagram stuck on back there.

I do know that on  my 2 fridge Dometic recalls there was a new diagram as the mod included some new wiring. The recall info might be indicated on any new diagram if found there.

BB-

That was one of the questions I was going to ask you before we went to look at it tomorrow.  You beat me to it.  ;D

Just got off the phone with the dealer.
The salesperson is going to verify the recall work on the fridge with the service department.
If not done (which would be suprising) they are an authorized Norcold repair center.
In researching, seems a lot of people are not real happy with Norcold and the fixes. Apparently there is an Amish replacement coil that's available for around $1,200. I'm getting ahead of myself and probably overthinking it.
Looking forward to meeting Scott and Stan tomorrow. Should be there around 2.

BinaryBob said:
In researching, seems a lot of people are not real happy with Norcold and the fixes. Apparently there is an Amish replacement coil that's available for around $1,200. I'm getting ahead of myself and probably overthinking it.
Looking forward to meeting Scott and Stan tomorrow. Should be there around 2.

I've found myself thinking about what I would do if (when) my Norcold eventually cashes it in.  I've pretty sure I will go the residential reefer route.  I've heard just as many stories about failure of the replacement cooling units, and I just don't see myself needing to use propane that much, with a good inverter and a healthy bank of batteries.

I just got off the phone again with the dealer.
The Norcold recall work has been done. Had a long conversation about this very thing.
She said a lot of people are going the residential fridge route. Of course, at this point I don't have the experience to tell how much we'll be needing the fridge W/O hookup. But something to consider down the road. (pun intended... :)

Back
Top Bottom