Receiver hitch for rv trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bzerull

I have a Grand Design 22mle that I want to add a receiver hitch to for carrying a bike rack. I have a bumper mounted receiver now, but want something i can attach to the frame and not rely on the bumper. Anyone find one that your happy with?

You will have to build your own. Find a welding shop and pay them to fabricate one. Thats what I had to do on my last two trailers. Luckily my SIL worked at the time in a shop and he did it for me.
Once home we jacked it i to place drilled 8 holes in the frame and bolted it in.

There are set ups that goes from one main frame to the other. But if you have the enclosed undercarriage you will need to modify this when installing the premade ones. Also your jacks may be in the way if they are mounted too far back to install the ones from one side to the other. But look closely at the style of your mainframe. There are I beams and then there are L shaped and weaker metal that makes it hard to weld to and create strength.

There are set ups that goes from one main frame to the other. But if you have the enclosed undercarriage you will need to modify this when installing the premade ones. Also your jacks may be in the way if they are mounted too far back to install the ones from one side to the other. But look closely at the style of your mainframe. There are I beams and then there are L shaped and weaker metal that makes it hard to weld to and create strength.
I think this may be an option for me. Thank you

Trailer bumpers aren't designed to carry much weight. There is a beef up that will upgrade the 4 and 4 1/2" bumpers to carry 400 pounds. With the bolt-on beef up brackets you can use a bolt-on receiver on the bumper. The device is called a "Mount-n-lock safety strut" from eTrailer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom