Recent rain in Yuma Area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
Begining Thursday evening the Yuma area was blessed with rain which lasted off and on all of Friday. Total rainfall in our area was 0.51 inches.  Thats pretty good for the desert.

And all the farmers from Gila Bend to Ocotillo Wells were griping about haveing to recalculate their automatic irrigation systems. I never heared so much griping in Juneau as when I lived in El Centro --they never wanted a drop.

I imagine that's changing as the price of water goes up. 8)

Adios . . .

Bob+

I have nothing against farmers and I have a whole lot of respect for them.  However, sometimes I think they tend to gribe just to hear themselves. 
In any case they will just have to make the adjustments while the rest of us enjoy the color in the desert this year.(BG)

Gee we are forcast for chance of rain clear through Wed.  If is was colder and more humid it wpould almost feel like Oregon or Washington.(BG)

You want humidity and miserable weather: come over to Belgium. We just had a week of freezing and some snow. Generally the temps are just above freezing and 80 to 90 % humidity.

Roger
:-[

Ron,

Ron_Staff said:
I have spent way too much time in the wet and cold. :) That is why we winter in the south. :)

The 85 degree sunny weather today makes up for a lot of rainy days  ;D.

Don,

We didn't really mind the rain we have had this year.  After all we didn't have to shovel it. ;D  The nice warm temps are welcome too.  I can handle 80/s but hope to be further north when the high 90-100/s arrive. :D

Ron,

Ron_Staff said:
We didn't really mind the rain we have had this year. After all we didn't have to shovel it. ;D The nice warm temps are welcome too. I can handle 80/s but hope to be further north when the high 90-100/s arrive. :D

We were here until mid to late May last year and probably will do the same this year.? Temperatures were consistently 100 or above during the day cooliing down to the low 80's or so at night.? We didn't mind the heat - shorts and sandals were the costume of the day and no shorts or no sandals were the "costume" of the bedroom  ;D.? Sleeping on top of the sheets with windows open to allow the breezes to waft through was very comfortable.? We would normally close up the coach and start the A/C around 11AM and shut down the A/C and open up the windows around 7:30-8PM.? Electric bills were not outlandiish - normally around $50-75 per month which also included the watts used by our electric clothes dryer function of our Splendide Washer/Dryer. :)

Don,

Think we would prefer the temps below 100 during the day and below 70 at night.  As long as it dont get carried away and drop too much at night.

This SEVERE CLEAR weather is really nice.
;D

Back
Top Bottom