Recommendations for RV Parks in the Rio Grande Valley, TX?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy, Framily.
Jack and I are thinking of spending the winter in the Rio Grande Valley, Texas.  Recommendations of RV parks would be most appreciated.

Regards,
Jack and Liz and Ore the escape cat, in hot, hot Fort Worth, TX!!

Howdy Liz and Jack -

This will be our seventh season at Texas Trails RV Resort [a Wilder Park] in Pharr - a few miles north of McAllen. Obviously we like the activities and amenities of TTrails! There are numerous parks in the area - some with no activities and few amenities and others with everything. At one time, the park in Benson Grove was offering a pay for one month - get one month free plan. For the fisherman, parks over toward South Padre would probably be more in order. There are a number of parks in some of the small towns on the way from Harligen to South Padre.

Let us know if and where you may be spending some time. May be time for a larger Rally in the Valley. The Reavis' and Baginskis have a mini-rally that lasts for months <VBG>!

--  RayB  --

raynladonna said:
Howdy Liz and Jack -

This will be our seventh season at Texas Trails RV Resort [a Wilder Park] in Pharr - a few miles north of McAllen. Obviously we like the activities and amenities of TTrails! There are numerous parks in the area - some with no activities and few amenities and others with everything. At one time, the park in Benson Grove was offering a pay for one month - get one month free plan. For the fisherman, parks over toward South Padre would probably be more in order. There are a number of parks in some of the small towns on the way from Harligen to South Padre.

Let us know if and where you may be spending some time. May be time for a larger Rally in the Valley. The Reavis' and Baginskis have a mini-rally that lasts for months <VBG>!

--  RayB  --

Howdy and thanks for the reply.

Will Jeanette and Dave be down there with y'all this winter? I'll check out Texas Trails RV Resort. I really want to get into an exercise class.
BTW do you still have your Patriot?

Best regards,
Jack and Liz in hot, hot Fort Worth, TX

Liz and Jack -

Dave and Jeanette are scheduled in for a 3 month stay this year. They come in mid-December and stay 'til mid-March.

Our plans are for an arrival in mid-November and stay until mid-March. We'll be heading for the Valley after the Southeast Fall Rally in Savanah.

In January 2005, Dave and Joel were looking for something to do one Saturday and decided to go to an RV Show in the Valley. I usually try to avoid those things and trying to be friendly I went along - note I'm trying to not take any personal responsibility for what happened <VBG>! Anyway, one thing led to another and we wound up trading our Patriot for a 40' 2001 Marquis. Wait it gets better (or is that worse!!!)!!!

We really loved the floor plan and colors of the '01 Marquis. We also had a time getting the brakes to work properly - the short version is that several mechanics worked on them until Buddy Gregg finally identified and fixed the problem. Last month I was on the way to Florida to get some fiberglass work and painting done to repair damage that was caused by one of the mechanics backing the coach into a parked truck. On the way down I-75 I decided to stop at John Bleakley's in Unadilla, GA. Well, I never did get to Florida and we traded the '01 Marquis for a 42' 2002 Marquis!!! The '02 Marquis has a tag axle and significant carrying capacity without taking the weight on the drive axle over 20k.

For us, one of the things we like most about Texas Trails is the level of activity. For those interested, there are exercise classes each day - including several classes of water aerobics as well regular exercise set to music. Woodworking, stained glass, ceramics, cards games, entertainment, etc. abound and one can easily fill up the social calendar quickly. Additionally, we've found that in the Valley folks can and do travel to other parks to participate in activities - square dance classes, guitar lessons, etc. As you can tell, we're very enjoy or stays in the Valley!!

--  RayB  --

Good morning, you did not say much about your likes other than exercise.  We are square dancers and like to stay more in the hub of dancing.  We stay at Peppermint Palace in Mission.  Cost about $300 per month plus elect.  The various Wilder Parks, Texas Trails and others, are more expensive, $4oo and up, generally more things to do.  We have stayed on both ends of the area and like the middle the best..If traveling with pets, check out which parks are pet friendly.  While most will allow pets. will put you in worst areas if you do have pets.

we are square----------------------dancers that is
Wsweet2
06 F350 6.0
04 33 ft Excel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom