recommended dealers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newrvfan

just wondering if people have experience working with RV dealers in southern california, and who would you recommend buying from??

i'm mostly in the high desert, barstow/victorville area, but santa fe, irvine and such are within reach....
if there are good dealers in las vegas, i can drive that way as well....

any good deals lately??

Choose the brand of Rv you want first, then select a dealer to buy it from.  Until you choose, visit them all to see what makes and models you like. RV shows are a good way to do that.

I negotiated with a few SCal dealers when we were buying (from Florida) our National and Giant RV offered the steepest discounts, but they are known more for high volume sales than long term relationships. I wasn't buying a relationship, so didn't care.  The larger Scal dealers will deliver to Las Vegas if you want to take delivery there as the first step of avoiding Cal taxes.

being a california resident, wouldn't taking delivery in nevada mean i'll have to come back to pay for taxes?

The FMCA Rally is going on right now in Pomona at the LA County Fairplex.  You might want to come out here to look around; there are hundreds of new and used motor homes for sale here.

The rally goes on through Thursday.

Al

newrvfan said:
being a california resident, wouldn't taking delivery in nevada mean i'll have to come back to pay for taxes?

If you bring the RV back into the state and store it here, yew betcha.    You will be required to register it here and pay a use tax equal to the sales tax you would have paid.  Check out the DMV website.

if i'm any close to pomona i'd be there.... but it's very difficult to get a day off at my work...
too bad i'm missing out...

seems like there are a lot of discounts posted around the web...

i think i manage to decide on a lower end class A or a used class A

basically looking for living quarters m-th

big on storage space

recs?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom