Recommended exterior treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelazyl

Can I please get your opinions on products you use when cleaning and treating your RV exterior?

We have a 2003 Fleetwood DP that is in excellent condition.  We plan to keep for 3-5 year before we upgrade.  We do not have full body paint and the original decals are slightly worn.

At least twice a year I use a Turtle Wax product with using a brush that connects to a garden hose. It is a wash & wax in 1 product.  I haven't yet applied another kind of wax on top, nor have I used one of the touch less RV washes. 

Thanks in advance.

Decals?  Ignore them or peal them off and using automotive paint paint them back on.
As for the rest?  What your doing is basically useless after three days or the next wash.  A good automotive wax.
NuFinish is really popular for durability and long lasting.  I personally like Collonite products.  Their Fleetwax was formulated for aircraft.  On my car I'm currently using McGuires Advanced.  Super easy on/off long lasting shine.

My MH was 17 years old when I got it. For the past 5 years I've used Blue Coral Wash and Wax concentrate, although mixed much stronger than recommended. It shines like a new one. I put it in a spray bottle, brush on a 6' section at time, then hose it off. Removes the black streaks with no effort. In another thread I posted a picture of our 18 year old toad which we bought new. It has always been stored outside in the brutal MS sun and rain and has never been waxed or buffed. Just Blue Coral for 18 years. You can see the shine after not being washed for over a month. On the roof you can see a cloud reflected and the side is my 78 Firebird which is still the original paint and has had nothing but Blue Coral on it for 20 years. People make fun of Blue Coral because it costs $4/gal at Walmart but read the reviews. Works for me too.

Attachments

• Car side.JPG
    Car side.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 21
Thank you for your input on this!

I think I am interested in trying the Blue Corral product. 

It amazes me that I post this topic a few days ago and then today I have a relevant feed in Facebook.  Out of curiosity I am interested to know if anyone has tried a product called TopCoat.  I tend to avoid all solicitations on new products but I am curious nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom