Recording audio pauses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Maybe this is a dumb question, but ....

I'm copying a selected number of tunes to a CD and need to insert a couple of 10 second pauses. On replay, the pauses would occur without manual intervention. Any idea how I'd do this?

TIA.

If those are individual files, one per track, the pause would have to occur on playback, or you have to edit each track and add a silent period at the end of each one.  I've used Audacity to edit audio files successfully, it's free on SourceForge.

Thanks Ned. I'm off to find Audacity.

If the files are MP3s, read the documentation on how Audacity handles them.  You need one additional piece from another web site, but it's also free.

Ned said:
You need one additional piece from another web site

I found that out :(

Audacity makes it really easy to add pauses of almost any length.

Thanks again.

Tom

Burning a disk from iTunes you can insert a 0-5 second pause between each song. Edit-Preferences-Advanced-Burning.

I know it's not 10 seconds.....but it sure is easy.<G>

Thanks Terry. Does that option allow you to put a pause after a specific tune, or is the option only after all tunes?

I'll check with the friend I'm doing this for to see if 5 secs is sufficient. She came by yesterday with 3 original CDs, a list of selections, a desired sequence and a request for a couple of specific length pauses in specific places. The resulting CD is for her wedding, so I prefer this be the way she wants it.

Or you could do what some enterprising bar owner did for customers that couldn't stand the constant rock 'n roll on the jukebox - he put in a 45 with 3 minutes of recorded silence ;D Sounds dumb, but you could create a 10 second 'blank' MP3 file and insert it between the songs.

Karl said:
Sounds dumb, but you could create a 10 second 'blank' MP3 file and insert it between the songs.

It didn't seem dumb when I considered doing it Karl, but I didn't know how  :-[

Actually, having various MP3s of differing length could be quite useful in compiling a CD to be used in a ceremony where breaks are needed for the participants to speak.  Just put the appropriate length track in the playlist where they're needed.

Tom

>>Thanks Terry. Does that option allow you to put a pause after a specific tune, or is the option only after all tunes?<<

I think it is between each song.

Thanks Terry. That won't work because she needs a total of only two pauses.

Back
Top Bottom