Reflections on Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Betty Brewer said:
Ohhhhhh, good idea!? I'll have to try those and let you know.

Betty

If you try any kind/brand of veggie burgers on a GF grill, you need to spray them with a bit of Pam (or equivalent) or they will stick like the dickens.

As for meatless meals being 'cruel' meatless meals are very tasty, lower in fat and cholesterol, and usually cheaper than meals with meat. What's the matter, Ned, don't you like macaroni and cheese? Pasta Primavera? Salad? Use the burger crumbles in casseroles instead of hamburger. Even diehard carnivores are surprised to find that they like them.

wendycoke said:
As for meatless meals being 'cruel' meatless meals are very tasty, lower in fat and cholesterol, and usually cheaper than meals with meat.

Wendy,
Russ taught me many tricks of the taste bud this summer.  I have found meatless substitutes very tasty and served some to DH and he wasn't even  aware.  I need to go lower fat in meals for the rest of my life!  Thanks for tips on George Foreman grill.  I usually do spray a bit of Pam as it makes clean up easier on everything.

Betty

Wendy,

Mac and cheese, best as a side dish.

Salad - green stuff, yuch :(

Real carnivores need meat.  I'm going to season my rib eye steak now.

Betty Brewer said:
Wendy,
Russ taught me many tricks of the taste bud this summer.? I have found meatless substitutes very tasty and served some to DH and he wasn't even? aware.? I need to go lower fat in meals for the rest of my life!? Thanks for tips on George Foreman grill.? I usually do spray a bit of Pam as it makes clean up easier on everything.

Betty

Maybe we could have a "Make it Meatless" or "Low Fat Only" potluck in Quartzsite? :)

Hi Guys

Can I just mention CANADA.

We feel it was a HUGE bonus of our trip to Alaska.

Would you Alaska veterans agree that people should not rush thru Canada on their way to/fro Alaska?

Paul

UK-RV said:
Hi GuysCan I just mention CANADA.We feel it was a HUGE bonus of our trip to Alaska.

Would you Alaska veterans agree that people should not rush thru Canada on their way to/fro Alaska?

Paul,
I agree whole heartedly.  I was amazed at the sights and  lessons to be learned from my neighbor to the North.  I would even make Canada a destination in itself.  Northwest Territory was my favorite.  It is very remote .  Our trip to Inuvik and Flight to "Tuk Tuk" was the highlight of my trip.
Betty

Back
Top Bottom