Regarding rock painting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RREngr

Hi All,

Betty never did respond to my question of what she paints on the rocks.

Betty if you are out there, give us more details please. 

Thanks, Kay

She paints cute little English cottages on 1-5 lb sharply angulated rocks.

RREngr said:
Hi All,Betty never did respond to my question of what she paints on the rocks.Betty if you are out there, give us more details please.? Thanks, Kay

sorry kay,
I missed the message.  I  look for smooth rocks with a flat bottom so they will stand and  for a particular rectangular shape then I paint little cottages  on them.  Houses with landscape, lights in window.  Very kindergarten level but I do enjoy it.  have not done so much lately.  Been painting chairs to match teapots I pick up.  It's a color thing.

Betty

Betty that sounds cute.  Anything that lets us be creative and turn something plain into something beautiful is exciting.  It is fun to have a hobby or collect something, then everywhere you travel, you can be on a treasure hunt!  If  Rich and I get to come to QZ, maybe we can see each others projects.  Kay

How interesting, I found rock painting by accident, when ask by a sister-in-law to paint her a lighthouse on one, I have mostly painted on old sawblades, any size an shape, once painted, the circular ones , I add a clock works to the hole in the middle, and hands, depending on the picture, sometimes,just the 12,3,6,&9.  some no numbers as the teeth on the sawblades are just in the right spot for all the numbers, I just add a small dot, others I put on all the numbers.
Painted a welcom sign to hang on the front of our 5th wheel, an have been ask to paint  one for others, I use there theam, or faviorite  thing overlay with there name, theese are painted on a pice of plywood with severl coats of polyurthane so  weatherproof .  Some I give away some, some I sell.  Mostly just have fun, hobby.

Yes wonderlust  I use acrylic paint. will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom