reliable RV repair in Portland, OR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What sort of repair?  Body work? Chassis (suspension, engine, etc)?  Appliances?  Accessories (e.g.awning or satellite dish)?  Likely to have different answers.

Sorry so vague. The answer is YES. I need someone to look the whole thing over and tell me what I have and may need. I bought a 31' 1985 Winnebago Elandan (class A) with low miles that runs great, but is beat up inside, and shakes (front wheels) on the freeway. Everything works, but I'd like to know how well, and just learn as much as possible about it. I found a place that will look it over, and teach me about everything for about $400. Does that sound about right?

Here is my take on this: The 400 constitutes about 6 hours of labor, at a reliable shops rates.

After that be prepared to spend a few thousand dollars for actual repairs, such as front end work,shocks, tires, fluid changes, belt changes, brake repair, general safety items,etc, not including the interior. If any of this has recently proven to be done, consider yourself ahead.

If this same shop will do this work, I would negotiate having the $400 or some of it applied as a credit to the final bill. If you are serious about RV'ing, you'll be wise to have it done before hitting the road. I did that, and feel happy about the expenditure and a lot safer too.

Good luck, my friend.

carson, FL.

Give Holiday RV a call; they have one in Gresham and in Hillsboro their a Winnebago dealer. Their work is probably as good as anyones, just make sure they do what you want.

I bought a TT from them and they've done all the work on it including the body work when I undershot a turn at a gas station and became the love interest of one of the concrete pillars protecting the gas pump.

Thanks Carson and Cabbie.
I'll look into Holiday. What I'd like is for them to show me everything, so I can do the repairs myself (except the front end issue).
I had a similar affair with a pillar and the rear bumper of a rented 36' moving truck. :'(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlm611
Back
Top Bottom