Remember that rally hosted by the Juges in Ruidoso, NM? Which CG was that in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy, Framily.
Please recommend campgrounds or RV Parks in Ruidoso, NM. We are currently parked at Amarillo Ranch RV Park. It is OK for overnight.

Tomorrow we leave for Ruidoso. Suggestions for things to see would be appreciated, also.

Here is a BIG THANK YOU for all of the responses to my queries about campgrounds/RV parks. We really really appreciate y'all's help and suggestions.  :)  :)  :)

Jack, Liz, Cole and Oreo the cat.

Bob Buchanan

Jackliz said:
Please recommend campgrounds or RV Parks in Ruidoso, NM. We are currently parked at Amarillo Ranch RV Park. It is OK for overnight.

Tomorrow we leave for Ruidoso. Suggestions for things to see would be appreciated, also.

I posted an earlier response, but one of my pics was too large. I guess the entire post has to be redone. If the other one shows up, sorry for the duplication.?

I stayed at the Tall Pines park on the main drag in Ruidoso while installing my software -- and I understand that that is the park Ed chose for that rally. This has been some time ago and I'm not sure they are still using my software or even open -- but when I stayed there during the installation I had a great time as did my cat, Little Dude. He was at that time beginning his long illness. However, there was an excellent Vet a mile or so East of the park that made his time there much nicer.

In addition to being centrally located with easy walks to shops and very good restaurants, the manager of the park at the time insisted I go to the last day of racing at Ruidoso Downs -- also only a few miles East of the park.

I had never bet a horse race (and grew up in Central Kentucky). The manager of the RV park insisted I bet at least one race so with zero knowledge of how to pick a horse, I chose the one with blue colors. That's my favorite color and the colors of the Kentucky Wildcats.? ;) The odds were very long and if my huge bet of $3.00 came thru -- we would be having dinner on Ruidoso Downs.

The 1st attached pic is of the park entrance, then a pic of my rig at the time in site #17. I thought it the best site in the park. The 3rd pic is of my blue horse during the pre race parade, and the 4th is of my horse just before he passed the horse on his left and won the race. Wow!

The park is very old, not up scale, and has few amenities. It does (did) have nice treed sites (tall pines) and again, great location to walk around Ruidoso.

Hope you have a great stay in Ruidoso. From the pics, I hope you can see what a beautiful area you will find in the Ruidoso area. BTW, that's about an 8,000 ft. elevation if I recall.

Attachments

• Copy of TPSign.JPG
    Copy of TPSign.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 22
  • MyRigTallPines.jpg
    MyRigTallPines.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 21
  • MyHorse.gif
    MyHorse.gif
    140.9 KB · Views: 19
  • MyHorseWinning.gif
    MyHorseWinning.gif
    126.7 KB · Views: 20

Tom

Administrator
Bob Buchanan said:
I posted an earlier response, but one of my pics was too large. I guess the entire post has to be redone.

Bob,

FYI the screen warns you of the maximum attachment size (immediately below the Attach box) before you click the Post button, although the warning is in a small font. It's also explained in our FAQs, although I realize folks probably wouldn't look there unless they were specifically trying to find out how to do something.

The size limit exists to prevent abuse, such as when one member attempted to attach multiple photos that were 17Mb each, and to make downloading practical for folks on slow connections.

If you miss (or ignore) the warning, your message won't post, but you needn't re-compose the message; You should be able to hit the Back button, or whatever it's called in your particular browser and your text would be intact, although you would need to re-attach any photos.

I can see that not knowing the above and having to re-type the text could be a pain.

FWIW something burped when I went to post a correction to this message and I merely clicked the Back button to find my text intact.

Bob Buchanan

Tom said:
You should be able to hit the Back button, or whatever it's called in your particular browser and your text would be intact, although you would need to re-attach any photos.

Thanks, Tom. I knew of the size limitations and understand the valid reasons there -- I just inadvertantly clicked an original pic vs. a resized one for upload. I will remember the back key next time. Just in case, on the second attempt I did a clip board copy of my post before I hit the Post key.  :)

While in Ruidoso, I called Ed several times but was not able to make contact. Seems he had moved or something and there was a mix up in new phone numbers I later found out. Fortunately, I was able to meet him at the Estes Park Centermost rally.

Tom

Administrator
Bob Buchanan said:
Just in case, on the second attempt I did a clip board copy of my post before I hit the Post key.

That was smart. BTW one caveat when using the Back button - the forum software will probably prevent you from re-posting; I merely highlight/copy the text (aka a clipboard copy) and back up one more screen, then click Reply (assuming I was attempting to reply to a topic).

I was able to meet him at the Estes Park Centermost rally.

Glad to hear you were able to meet Ed. He was definitely one of a kind. I met Ed in the Bay area. I wasn't able to make the Centermost rally because I was travelling the world on business extensively in those days and would be getting online to the forum in the wee hours.

Jackliz

Howdy, Bob.

Thank you so much for your reply. I'll do a search for the Tall Pines.  :)

Much obliged,
Jack, Liz, Grandson Cole and Oreo the cat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vern2day
Top Bottom