Looks wonderful! The picture just shows the corner, did you replace the dinette with another dinette or different furniture entirely? We plan on taking out our dinette next year, but I go back and forth as to whether to put in a loveseat or two recliners. And how easy was it to replace the curtain? Just clips? Thanks for the pics - great job!
I had new cabinet doors made, floor is "slate" adhesive back tile with grouted joints. All furniture replaced. The couch has a drawer underneath to store the table. Dashboard and interior painted. New carpet in the cab. Walls were stripped of old vinyl, primed and papered, then painted. The paper was heavily textured, which hid the joints. I used oak veneer to reface the cabinets to match the new doors. Countertops are "formica" with oak trim. New fixtures throughout. Walls of shower surround are also "slate" tiles, cut in fourths from the floor tiles. I used caulk instead of grout since the walls tend to flex more.
Hi there. We have a 95 georgie boy and I want the full carpet out - we just had a flood and it looks awful and I hate carpet anyway. It has a carpeted bathroom area, too. Did you do this? Or was yours linoleum?
Well...been a long winter, but spring is around the corner, so onward with the remodel. Sorry I never got back to answering questions. Here's the progress so far. Old floor was linoleum, weathered and curling on the edges. Ripped it all out, sanded the floor smooth and sealed with epoxy paint. Laid down new "slate" tile with additional adhesive to prevent lifting. Grout was mixed with acrylic additive instead of water to prevent cracking. Cabinets were not "cherry", but rather particle board covered with thin plastic phony wood veneer. I covered all of the fake stuff with actual unfinished wood laminate and veneer. Stained the surface to match the unfinished custom cabinet doors. The front cab interior was repainted using Krylon "Fusion" spray paint. Made for adhesion to vinyl or plastic. New seats, door panels and over-cab bed upholstery. The curtains were made by my lovely, helpful wife. Held with plastic slide fittings, which she cut from the old and sewed to the new. Bed platform was raised to accommodate rebuilt Onan generator and larger water tank. Dinette was replaced with the jackknife couch. Since there's only two of us, we figured the bed for sleeping and the couch for lounging. Not too thrilled with the dis...comfort of the existing dinette. Went thru all of the appliances and systems and got all working like new.
This summer I'm doing the outside. Removing all of the old decals, sanding all surfaces, removing and resealing all windows, vents, etc., replacing damaged or weathered trim, resealing the roof, and finally painting the outside with "Stix" primer (made to stick to "hard to paint surfaces" such as fiberglass and aluminum) and acrylic latex topcoat. Using an airless sprayer because I want the paint to be thicker than an automotive paint job would be. Paint is UV resistant and intended for exterior industrial applications. White with new "swoopy" decals to make it look a bit less "vintage".
Retiring next year, so I HAVE to get it done this summer. Otherwise, I'll probably just lay around the house, annoy my wife and get fat. The open road awaits!
Y'all are very nice. Thanks for the compliments. This is a first try for an RV, but we figured, after retirement, we're supposed to have fun, so what better way than to drive the roads and see the beautiful country God gave us. I know I still have a lot to learn, but this forum is a great resource. Thanks for the help!