Remotely monitoring your RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suecom

I?m pretty new to RVing and was wondering if a (portable/not permanently installed) remote readable temperature/humidity/motion sensor product is being used by anyone. When I?m away from the ?Beast? (a Fourwind Hurricane) I?d love an easy way to see what conditions inside were like, and whether anyone was in it (get Text alerts)!

I know I could install an alarm/tracker system, and/or a wifi-type thermostat, but these are all ?projects? and quite expensive. Wifi-thermostats also require mains hook-up, which isn?t always available. I want something simple that works by plugging into the mains/a cigarette socket, uses a Pay As You Go SIM, and allows me to monitor the Beast remotely on my smart phone/web.

Any pointers, or people who would like similar (maybe I should design/build something?)

Many thanks

Allister

suecom said:
I?m pretty new to RVing and was wondering if a (portable/not permanently installed) remote readable temperature/humidity/motion sensor product is being used by anyone. When I?m away from the ?Beast? (a Fourwind Hurricane) I?d love an easy way to see what conditions inside were like, and whether anyone was in it (get Text alerts)!

I know I could install an alarm/tracker system, and/or a wifi-type thermostat, but these are all ?projects? and quite expensive. Wifi-thermostats also require mains hook-up, which isn?t always available. I want something simple that works by plugging into the mains/a cigarette socket, uses a Pay As You Go SIM, and allows me to monitor the Beast remotely on my smart phone/web.

Any pointers, or people who would like similar (maybe I should design/build something?)

I am so glad you asked this question because we are looking for the same thing.  We don't want a Wifi one but something that works off of cell data.  We travel with our pets and want the peace of mind when we leave them in coach.

Many thanks

Allister

There are many types of remote "Alarm" devices. Smoke, Fire, Propane (Explosive gas) and Temperture can all be monitored as well as Geo-Location (handy in a motor home or trailer if it wanders off without you).

Monitoring can be via Cellular networks or Wi-Fi networks.. Cell works best.

SMART Thermostats. even if not operating the HEVAC system can report to your cell phone.  via a wi-fi hot spot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom