Remove sofa; put in table/counter/bar, storage, freestanding chairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoadSchool

I have a U-shaped dinette with a love seat beside it on a slide. I need better counter/table space and storage. I'm thinking I could pull out the sofa, put in cabinets below the window with an overhanging bar/countertop, and free-standing folding chairs to use with it.

I haven't seen any remodels that look like this. Does anyone know where I can see something similar? Or have advice for it?

I have not seen this particular remodel option, though I have to ask why not remove the dinette and install table and chairs there

Isaac-1 said:
I have not seen this particular remodel option, though I have to ask why not remove the dinette and install table and chairs there
1. Husband's hesitancy. It's mentally easier to be OK with picking up a sofa and taking it out than it is ripping out benches and table.
2. A table a chairs is going to take up similar square footage and would lose the under-bench storage, so would be a net loss.
3. Turning the sofa into cabinets and a bar with chairs expands usage (storage, easier accessibility to storage, food prep, seating, play, eating), and does so with less weight and a smaller footprint.
4. Zones are easier with so many people. The dinette "contains" 1-2 without touching/overlap between them and makes a clear demarcation for what's inside and what's outside its zone. A countertop/bar beside it does the same. A kitchen table and chairs beside a sofa does not create clear zones in the same way, reducing functionality in the day-to-day as I try to chop veggies on the head of a pin in the kitchen while adjudicating who is touching whom in the dining and living areas behind me. lol

That's my thought process anyway! :)

Back
Top Bottom