Removing Bunk Beds from 5th Wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carole

I am in the process of helping my Mother move into a 5th wheel.  She will be living in it for a while.  We are trying to redo some things in the trailer.  I have run into a problem and was hoping someone here could tell me what to do.  We are needing to remove bunk beds in the back of the trailer but under the bottom bunk it is used as storage and the outside storage door opens to under this bunk.  I am not sure how I can seal this off and make it to where water and the cold don't come in.  I am very new to all this and any help you can give me would be so appreciated.  The reason we are moving the beds is just to give her more storage space. 

Do you want to remove the storage area under that bunk?  I suppose you could simply caulk the outside door to seal the cracks. Maybe glue some foam insulation to the inside or the door and compartment walls before closing it off.

Any chance you could post some pictures of what it looks like in the area you are altering? Hard to make suggestions without a clue as to what you are dealing with.

Thank you so much for replying.  I don't have any pictures to post and I'm sure it's hard to get a visual just from me telling about it.  Basically it's one of the doors that you open from outside the trailer to use for the storage it just happens to open to under the bottom bunk.  When I do take out the bunk beds I will be left with the space that I need I will just have the storage door to the outside there too.  But what you said sounds like what I need to do.  I'm just really new to all this and not sure what works and won't work.  Thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom