Removing USA Map from Exterior of Rv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

I might have made a? :eek: :eek:.? I put one of those add a state U.S. maps on the exterior paint of my RV several years ago.? Maine is now pealing off but I noticed that it is just the plastic layer.? The adhesive film is still attached to the RV paint.? I think it might be wise to remove the whole map.? Anyone "been there done that"????

PS.  I "forgot" we drove from Mi. to Ga. this last week to be w our daughter......Two weeks and two new grand daughters!!!!!  Both mothers doing fine. One in Mi. and one in Ga.

Goo-Gone  Get an edge liftes and brush in a little till you get it off.  Have'nt removed the map, but other items. 

OK, what is your concept of the map coloring.  Have to sleep in it to add it, or just travel through it?  Never dod the map on a rig, just in my head. 

We have been using the drive through method.....Get one tire over the state line and add the state.

Len and Jo said:
I might have made a? :eek: :eek:.? I put one of those add a state U.S. maps on the exterior paint of my RV several years ago.? Maine is now pealing off but I noticed that it is just the plastic layer.? The adhesive film is still attached to the RV paint.? I think it might be wise to remove the whole map.? Anyone "been there done that"????

Yes, just recently. My new used rig had a state map on the front door. I just looked at it for awhile and was disappointed to find it there -- especially because there were states posted that I had not visited (in an RV). Then about a month ago, I began peeling it away and was surprised at how easily it came off w/o any residue at all. Perhaps that's a function of the surface it is applied to, but would imagine the manufactureres had ease of removal in mind when designing the sticky side.

Goo Gone works very well for most stickers.

I'm reminded of years past when window and bumper stickers were the rage.  Getting them off was sometimes a real pain.  I saw/heard this method described somewhere and tried it... it works...  Remove as much of the paper/plastic sticker as possible and smear the residue with "Real Mayonnaise".  After it soaks a while it should come right off.  I like goo gone better.. lol

Mayo smells better.  At least at first. 

WD-40 does a pretty good job too.

Never had the map, but figured that drivin had to be the test, if you had to sleep in the state it may take awhile to get the New England states.  The western states you may just get that way anyway. 

Make it real hard to do, only use states that you have consumated.

Hi Len & Jo,

Chet's advice is good. Applying heat from a hair dryer should loosen the decal so you can peel it off. Be sure not to use too much heat!

Back
Top Bottom