Renogy charging system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Herkermer Meeper

I installed a 100w panel with Traveler Series Adventurer controller to charge 12v flooded lead acid battery on my camper van.
It worked fine for 4 years until the battery failed and the controller had a read out of EO1,,total discharged battery.
I have replaced it with a Renogy 100Ah 12v sealed deep cycle battery while the van was in the garage with no sun on the panel.
After resetting controller for sealed battery and parking in the sun, it does not show that the panel is charging the battery and gets the same read out.
Everything in the van is working ok but don't see indication of solar charging.. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Do you have a multi meter that you can check the battery voltage at the post with? Also double check your wiring connections between the charge controller and the battery.

A separate meter would answer some questions the controller may not. Do you have one?

Just from what you reported, you have zero battery voltage and no panel current. The blinking battery indicator probably carries some significance. My first pass guess is your battery is disconnected.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I know that you changed the panel without sun, but Renogy has very clear instructions to NEVER connect the panels to the charger before the battery. You must first connect the battery to the charger, this initializes it, then connect the panels. Same for disconnecting, disconnect the panel then the battery.

Just as a quick check, disconnect the panels and battery. Connect the battery first and then connect the panels.

Do you have a multi meter that you can check the battery voltage at the post with? Also double check your wiring connections between the charge controller and the battery.
Voltage reading across battery posts. 12.6v
Connections at controller and battery terminals are tight and secure.
I know that you changed the panel without sun, but Renogy has very clear instructions to NEVER connect the panels to the charger before the battery. You must first connect the battery to the charger, this initializes it, then connect the panels. Same for disconnecting, disconnect the panel then the battery.

Just as a quick check, disconnect the panels and battery. Connect the battery first and then connect the panels.
Holy smolies.. I remember that now from when I installed them in 2019. I'll do that and see what happens..Hope I have not messed the controller up. Thx..

Good luck. I installed disconnect switches (with online fuses) for the panels and the batteries. I take the batteries out of my trailer while in storage and keep them in my garage. The switches make it easy to move the batteries in and out. I also made a laminated sign with the sequence and taped it next to the Renogy charger.

Voltage reading across battery posts. 12.6v
Connections at controller and battery terminals are tight and secure.

Holy smolies.. I remember that now from when I installed them in 2019. I'll do that and see what happens..Hope I have not messed the controller up. Thx..
Isn't it amazing what happens when a person finds a wire he thought, for sure, was connected to the positive post of the battery but had slipped back in a dark corner of the battery well and connects it? I'm not sure what all the rest of them do, but things are working fine now. Suns out and everything is charging away. Thanks for all you help. Save and happy travels to you all. If you are ever up in the NW, we are hosts for Boonedockers Welcome(Ocosta by the Sea). Come on in for a stay. Jim Allen

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom