Rent out our RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvriggs

Has anyone had any experience in renting out their RV?  How did it go?  In what State do you rent it?  Last but not least what company do you use to rent it?

Thanks
RVRiggs

Renting might be OK if you don't mind your RV being destroyed.? Most RV's are not built to withstand continuous and careless handling, so if you expect to use it yourself at some point and your safety, sanity and comfort are important, I would propose dropping that idea.

There may be some good reasons for considering renting one's personal RV, so I stand to be corrected ???

Ditto. I am currently in an area where there are a lot of rented RV's passing through (Cruise America) and it seems obvious the renters have little idea how to use one. I see a lot of un-intentional abuse......FYI

I will take it one farther.  I had a buddy that wanted to go in with me and share the RV and split everything.  I eventually decided to just buy it myself.  Several reasons.  First, I wanted to stay friends with this person and felt that if any thing went bad so would the friendship.

Second, he has several preadolesent boys and I have little girls.  I bet his family woiuld put way more wear and tear on the thing than we would.

Third.  I am very anal about maintance and upkeep and I don't care how anal he is, It would not be enough for me.

Fourth, I did not want to unload the thing all the time.  I want to keep it mostly loaded so I can hit the road with out a lot of fanfare.  Put food in, start and take off.  I also did not want to schedule my RV.  I want it when I want it. 

I am happy I kept it all to myself.

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom