Repair work spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lovinglife84

Hi everyone, so I want to hire a mobile RV repair to remove my water heater and oven. I’m traveling in my motorhome so I don’t have a home with a garage for them to come. What are some good locations to have the repair person meet me to do this work?

Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the discussions on rvforum.net!
Mobile RV services come to your RV to perform work. Just tell them your current location when making an appointment. If you are traveling, call a mobile RV service where you will be next and make an appointment for a date agreeable to both parties.

Just be aware that some RV parks do not allow any repairs or maintenance in the park, so check the park rules. Even those that prohibit it may allow for emergency repairs, though, so ask at the office if in doubt. A mobile RV tech in that area probably knows which parks, if any, might prohibit him making a service call.

Hi everyone, so I want to hire a mobile RV repair to remove my water heater and oven. I’m traveling in my motorhome so I don’t have a home with a garage for them to come. What are some good locations to have the repair person meet me to do this work?

Thanks for reading.
I'd be inclined to set up a meeting
somewhere like a Walmart parking lot.
Walmart's generally friendly to RV'ers, plus you
can pick up stuff you need while you're there.

I'd be inclined to set up a meeting
somewhere like a Walmart parking lot.
Walmart's generally friendly to RV'ers, plus you
can pick up stuff you need while you're there.
Not all Walmart stores are friendly. Mostly due to city/property owner ordinance/rules. You don't want to have your repair guy halfway through tearing things down only to get told you have to leave right away.

Ditto Gary's note on RV parks not allowing it. We were in Santa Ana, California a couple of years ago and had some transmission problems. I asked the park manager if we could work on the truck and he said state law prohibited it.

On the other hand, we changed the radiator on the same truck, same trip, on the side of the road outside of Denver at a commuter lot. It really varies.

Not all Walmart stores are friendly. Mostly due to city/property owner ordinance/rules. You don't want to have your repair guy halfway through tearing things down only to get told you have to leave right away.
That's why I said "like a Walmart" and "generally friendly".
Obviously you'd clear it with the store's
management prior to commencing work.
Why can't people just chime in with their own opinions
without dumping all over what someone else has to say?

If you have a Army Corps of Engineers park nearby I have had mobile repair work done in them and I have done repairs for other RV owners in them. Most state park campgrounds also allow this and the same is true for the 3 county parks that we have been park hosts in. I would prefer it be in a campground if it were me as the tech may well need electric power or even a water supply. If you are in a commercial RV park, just ask them about having a mobile service call in the park before you go in.

Note that some RV parks don't allow owners to do their own repair work, but do allow work to be done by mobile RV repair services if they are insured.

That's why I said "like a Walmart" and "generally friendly".
Obviously you'd clear it with the store's
management prior to commencing work.
Why can't people just chime in with their own opinions
without dumping all over what someone else has to say?
Walmart does not allow you to work on vehicles in their lots. Walmart & RV's

I used Randy's Mobile Repair while at Walmart in Chillicoth Oh. back in early Sept. Worked out great and highly recommend him.

Thank you Mr. Walmart spokesman.
What I got from that article was that a negligent
mother was suing Walmart because of an idiot.
Didn't say anything about working on vehicles.
Arn't you a ray of sun shine. They are not allowing over night camping at many Walmarts because of this. Oh and I did loss prevention for Walmart 5 years and moved RVers out after one night per the store manager. Go fix your vehicle in their parking and see how long you stay before the police show up. Been around since May, always one in the forums that's ..................................
pop1.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom