Replace bedroom wall panel Avenger 32QBI... HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChristinaJJL

Hello,

I'm looking for any help and information on replacing a wall panel in the back room of my RV? There is a hole on the interior wall, I have already purchased and received the 8x4 replacement panel from the manufacturer but I would prefer to replace it myself rather than pay an additional $400. Is it difficult? Is there anything I should be worried about or aware of? Any help and insight at all is greatly appreciated! I have attached a picture detailing the wall panel needing to be replaced.

Thank so much!
Christina

Attachments

• panel.docx
    58.7 KB · Views: 15
Your picture is a .docx document and I can't open those so I didn't see the picture.

In cases like yours I usually go ahead and try to make the repairs myself knowing that if I fail I can still go ahead and pay the extra money to have it done professionally provided I don't goof something up really bad in the process..

A hole in the wall can be covered with a picture, etc. as an alternative.

Arch Hoagland said:
Your picture is a .docx document and I can't open those so I didn't see the picture.

Here's a screenshot

Attachments

• RVF2.jpg
    RVF2.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 23
I'd answer this way... a hole in an interior wall of an RV isn't so unlike a hole in the wall of a regular house.

Can it be fixed?  sure....but the 'how' sorta depends. 
What's the finish?  wallpaper, paneling, etc...
what's the wall framing made of?  metal framing?  wood framing?
etc....

Big thing I'm thinking would be to be aware of what is inside or on the other side of the wall, and how thick the wall is.  you don't want to drive a nail into wires or pipes...and you don't want to put a screw all the way through to stick out the other side into a shower.

Best bet might be to find a handyman.  Most likely there's nothing really rv specific about it.... my guess anyway.

I don't see a hole other than a round black spot at the top of the line drawn in. Is that the hole? 

Are you thinking about removing the seats, etc to replace the panel?

Christina  ~~ 

Replacing the entire 4'x8' panel OR what sized portion thereof???? In other words ~~Replacing a panel OR patching a hole????

JM2?  ~~  YMMV

Back
Top Bottom