Replace Motorhome Wiper Blades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steve, the instructions that I read said about taking the bottom inch or so off the foam coffee cup and using that, so by the time you cut a "V" in the lip for the blade it would only be held just a little bit off the screen. I don't think that would hurt the spring at all.

Tom, perhaps with the tennis ball cut in half, with a "V" notch cut across the top of it, might be more serviceable than the foam cup?
And with a bright fluorescent tennis ball you would be more likely to spot it before you drive off with it still attached to your wipers. Would not like to have a policeman spot that on my vehicle even if it wasn't raining LOL

Steve,

I used the tennis balls on a previous coach without any noticeable negative effect. I haven't done it on our current coach but not because I thought something was wrong. Just lazy I guess. I have covers that keep the sun off the blades.

I got some foam pipe insulation at Lowes and cut them the length of our wipers.  The foam blocks the sun and puts less strain on the springs, plus protects the wiper blades from the roughness of the windshield cover.

Steve,

If/when time permits, any chance you could snap a couple of photos? I could add them to a file in the library.

TIA.

Resurrecting an old post:

Here is my original entry from March 2007.

Preserving wiper blades during storage in the hot Sun.

I use the water pipe insulating tubing, the foam type. It comes in 6' lengths for 3/4" piping, it is pre-slit and is about 1' in o.d. Cut to length for your wipers and slip right over the blades.
They will last a long time, and so will the rubber on the wipers and its cheap.

Today's post simply adds the pictures of the process.

Not earth shattering but it works well.

carson FL

Attachments

• Wiper protector 1.jpg
    Wiper protector 1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Wiper protector.jpg
    Wiper protector.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 35
Tom, thank you. That's the one.

I got a little confused with the Library and Resources buttons. Got it figured out now.

carson FL

Carson,

It's easy to be confused - I get that feeling daily. In this case there are actually two versions - one in the library and the one I provided the link to. The latter is done by wrapping it in the format you see here in our message boards, whereas the other is a content item on our web site. I'm aware that the two are not synchronized (i.e. they don't both have all the items), but that will all get fixed.

I was experimenting with the two alternatives, but put off the decision until I've finalized what I'm going to do with the menu system here.

Sorry, I was too pooped (or maybe too lazy) to explain this at 1am my time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom